The Student Room Group

I hate my classmates but unfortunately I have to put up with them

Hello, so I’m a student in Economics and my struggle at University is severe. Since I want to move to UK and start an academic career there I have no other option but to obtain a degree so completing my course is essential. I’m the only one in the whole class (and possibly the whole undergrad) who solely wants to peruse a scientific career and cares about economics as a science not a way to earn money. Usually, the teaching quality is not up to any standards and in the past I have complained to the dean countlessly which may have put me in the position to be the black sheep which is something that I didn’t anticipate (but should’ve foreseen). I tried to befriend some people but I couldn’t put up with their ****, ranting about how they will be in the 1% when they graduate, or the other case was about a classmate of mine who was only talking about clubbing and didn’t even know the names of the subjects. They were talking about what an amazing life they will have, how they will do wonders in economics but were so dumb and bad in maths so I couldn’t foresee how this would’ve worked. I’m constantly in their mouths, they talk behind my back, discuss me during the lectures when I ask questions and behave as if I’m the main attraction. Even thou you may not be able to help me I would like to receive some support from people in similar situations.
Tnx
I'm sorry that your situation isn't a good one, honestly I can think of two options
1) try and ignore them and make friends with people on another course which I'm not saying will be easy but maybe it might help
2) transferring university to do economics at a different uni
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, so I’m a student in Economics and my struggle at University is severe. Since I want to move to UK and start an academic career there I have no other option but to obtain a degree so completing my course is essential. I’m the only one in the whole class (and possibly the whole undergrad) who solely wants to peruse a scientific career and cares about economics as a science not a way to earn money. Usually, the teaching quality is not up to any standards and in the past I have complained to the dean countlessly which may have put me in the position to be the black sheep which is something that I didn’t anticipate (but should’ve foreseen). I tried to befriend some people but I couldn’t put up with their ****, ranting about how they will be in the 1% when they graduate, or the other case was about a classmate of mine who was only talking about clubbing and didn’t even know the names of the subjects. They were talking about what an amazing life they will have, how they will do wonders in economics but were so dumb and bad in maths so I couldn’t foresee how this would’ve worked. I’m constantly in their mouths, they talk behind my back, discuss me during the lectures when I ask questions and behave as if I’m the main attraction. Even thou you may not be able to help me I would like to receive some support from people in similar situations.
Tnx

Hi am a animation student
I understand how you feel. Am also struggling with some of my classmates who were spiteful to me and my close friend.

Mostly everyone were dirty minded and I thought that was normal ,but there were countless times when I joke and they didnt like but said nothing or metion it and I always apologise and don't do it again. But because I have autism, reading there expression hiw they felt was difficult for me
But after years they reported me and legal team picked up based on word of mouth. But these exact classmates who turn back on their friend (my close friend) who was sexualy asked by one of our classmates (who he's still in the course) and my friend had to take a gap year. I see I can make mistakes but at lest I apologise. But what they did to me and close friend. I can never forgive them.

Point is: your always going to meet *******s who can put you down for your mistakes but forgot to check themselves in the mirror

Focus on yourself and your dreams ,let life be the judge of them. Let them keep doing what they're doing and see how they get far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending