The Student Room Group

Help!

I hit my finger in a car door a couple weeks back. It healed but after the bruise went liquid started coming out. Stopped yesterday but today I've noticed this smell it almost smells like poo and when I've checked there's liquid oozing out of my finger nail again!
Original post by Ferrograd
I hit my finger in a car door a couple weeks back. It healed but after the bruise went liquid started coming out. Stopped yesterday but today I've noticed this smell it almost smells like poo and when I've checked there's liquid oozing out of my finger nail again!

Probably best to ring 111

Have it checked by a doctor, not TSR.

It’s probably infected, thus a doctor should be able to prescribe you the best possible antibiotics/medications to deal with it.
Original post by TypicalNerd
Have it checked by a doctor, not TSR.

It’s probably infected, thus a doctor should be able to prescribe you the best possible antibiotics/medications to deal with it.

It's not swollen or red though?
Still get it checked.
(edited 1 year ago)

Maybe, but the smell could be a sign of infection. As I’m not from a medical background of any kind, I’m not the best person to ask.

Dude, so bloody what? Liquid’s coming out your nail and your finger smells like you’ve been sticking it up someone’s butthole for 5 hours, clearly not normal! Now, stop posting on TSR with a sh!tty finger and see a doctor right away!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Son of the Sea
Dude, so bloody what? Liquid’s coming out your nail and your finger smells like you’ve been fingering someone for 5 hours, clearly not normal! Now l, stop posting on TSR with a sh!tty finger and see a doctor right away!

Omfg. I agree entirely, but maybe that was a little too strongly worded?
(edited 1 year ago)
Omfg. I agree entirely, but maybe dial down on the bluntness

Sorry but being blunt is one of my hallmarks that I won’t cast aside.
Original post by Son of the Sea
Sorry but being blunt is one of my hallmarks that I won’t cast aside.

Fair enough. I’ve amended my previous post.
Omfg. I agree entirely, but maybe that was a little too strongly worded?

The OP has a habit of making things up for attention, so this is probably yet another story. I definitely wouldn't ask for help on TSR if I had a genuine medical concern.
Original post by YaliaV123
The OP has a habit of making things up for attention, so this is probably yet another story. I definitely wouldn't ask for help on TSR if I had a genuine medical concern.

I'm sorry, when have I ever made anything up? Do you want me to send you a picture. You're screwed up in the head, if I was trolling like admittedly a lot of people on tsr do, I'd be doing it anonymously and also why would it be so specific to this? Not really the sort of thing to make up, what on earth would I gain from it?
Original post by YaliaV123

I also wouldn’t ask TSR for help about anything medical.

I’ve never seen this particular poster put anything up before, hence I cannot be sure whether that claim can be substantiated.
I also wouldn’t ask TSR for help about anything medical.

I’ve never seen this particular poster put anything up before, hence I cannot be sure whether that claim can be substantiated.

Asking because I want to know if it's something to seek help on as I haven't been able to (working )

Would suggest that you contact NHS 24 on 111 for further advice on this as they may suggest that you goto your local A&E department or a minor injury clinic at the hospital.
You should have perhaps seek medical help soon as possibly after it happened not waiting for a few weeks for to try and seek help from people on here, sorry your health comes first over working I'm afraid.

strong or foul odor from a unheal wound.......

A infected wounds often have a distinct odor along with other symptoms. Some bacteria can smell sickly sweet, while others can be quite strong, putrid, or ammonia-like. If you notice a strong or foul odor, especially with pus, drainage, or warmth present, alert your doctor as soon as possible.

Original post by iL1L
Still get it checked.

Best I can suggest to you as I needing seen to before it causes anymore harm.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest