The Student Room Group

Personal development books

Hi everyone!
This summer I became interested in broadly understood personal development. I've read some books in this topic so far. Ones that made the greatest impression on me is "Atomic Habits" by James Clear and "Compound Effect" by Darren Hardy. Thanks to them, I became aware of many things related to human behavior. Recently I bought also "Mindset: The New Psychology of Success". Could you please recommend any similar books? What are your favorites? I am open to any suggestions for books in the field of personal development and psychology.
For me, "The 7 habits of highly effective teens" by Sean Covey was the best personal development book. But I don't know if you are a teenager. If you are not then you can try "The 7 habits of highly effective people" by Stephen Covey.
Original post by juliiia
Hi everyone!
This summer I became interested in broadly understood personal development. I've read some books in this topic so far. Ones that made the greatest impression on me is "Atomic Habits" by James Clear and "Compound Effect" by Darren Hardy. Thanks to them, I became aware of many things related to human behavior. Recently I bought also "Mindset: The New Psychology of Success". Could you please recommend any similar books? What are your favorites? I am open to any suggestions for books in the field of personal development and psychology.

I find it tough to read texty books. Would you be able to share some of the things you learnt wiht us?
Dare to Lead- Brene Brown
Tools of Titans- Tim Ferriss
Reply 4
Your head is a houseboat by Campbell Walker aka Struthless.

He’s a YouTuber who is very open with his struggles with mental health and addiction and he has a really healthy approach to understanding why we think the way we do when it comes to things like being overwhelmed and not feeling good enough etc. It’s well worth a read and his videos are worth watching too, it was the first mental health book I’ve read from someone I feel 1. Has been there and 2. He just gets it and the way he visualises it is very cool. Also the book is illustrated by him so it’s a very cool book and I recommend.
I enjoy reading personal development and right now very much into intuition and separately improving my memory and exam performance.

I was lucky enough to attend the live Zoom trainings during the Covid hiatus. I can still hone my skills in intuition daily on Instagram it is free. People from all walks of life professions attend we have metaphysician those interested in Woo (Tarot and divination) and rationalist, sceptical scientist even so it not for everyone but I recommend atleast checking it out and some of the book sell still for the price of a cup of coffee. New Yorker Laura has had Nobel prize winning scientist, doctors endorsing her work. Laura is soon to have a new book out watch out for it, it will be a definitive book.

Laura Day Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/lauradayintuit/

Webpage:
Why not sign up and receive a Newsletter

Natural Success:
Natural Success is a training and mentoring provider and was founded by best selling author William Whitecloud who published The Magicians Way, The Last Shaman and most recently, Secrets Of Natural Success. William has 30 years experience in teaching this methodology and now teaches the Natural Success Advanced Trainings. He is based in L.A. with his family, where he spends his time evolving Natural Success curriculum, writing and developing film projects.

The Natural Success methodology is based on William’s revolutionary 5 Steps to Becoming a Genius. Natural Success is all about empowering people to unleash their Genius and highest level of consciousness. This ground-breaking methodology is based on Alchemy, Structural Creativity and Super Consciousness.

Super Consciousness and Create your Own Destiny
Scroll down once in until you see the above title and select your area.
https://www.naturalsuccess.io/referral

The Magician's Way:
https://www.google.co.uk/books/edition/The_Magician_s_Way/ac4VtdanzDYC?hl=en&gbpv=1&printsec=frontcover

The Last Shaman:
https://www.google.co.uk/books/edition/The_Last_Shaman/sfMLEAAAQBAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&printsec=frontcover
Secrets of Natural Success:
P.S...
William White Cloud Secrets of Natural Success

https://www.google.co.uk/books/edition/William_Whitecloud_s_Secrets_of_Natural/-_4FEAAAQBAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&printsec=frontcover

Briefly on memory looking to improve my performance in exams.

Change Your Brain, Change Your Grades: The Secrets of Successful Students: Science-Based Strategies to Boost Memory, Strengthen Focus, and Study Faster

Book by Daniel Amen
https://www.google.co.uk/books/edition/Change_Your_Brain_Change_Your_Grades/1GGWDwAAQBAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&printsec=frontcover
Original post by juliiia
Hi everyone!

Happy adults by cathy glass
What are the books about?

The Compound Effects Preview

Atomic Habits Preview

Mindset: How You Can Fulfil Your Potential

"World-renowned Stanford University psychologist Carol Dweck, in decades of research on achievement and success, has discovered a truly groundbreaking idea-the power of our mindset. Dweck explains why it's not just our abilities and talent that bring us success-but whether we approach them with a fixed or growth mindset. She makes clear why praising intelligence and ability doesn't foster self-esteem and lead to accomplishment, but may actually jeopardize success. With the right mindset, we can motivate our kids and help them to raise their grades, as well as reach our own goals-personal and professional.

Dweck reveals what all great parents, teachers, CEOs, and athletes already know: how a simple idea about the brain can create a love of learning and a resilience that is the basis of great accomplishment in every area. Mindset was originally published in North America under the title 'Mindset: The New Psychology of Success'.

Quick Reply

Latest