The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE undergrad additional info questionnaire

On the questionnaire it asks if I am taking any additional qualifications or tests. I may or may not take STEP so should I or shouldn’t I select STEP?
How does that make sense? Usually, STEP is part of or the prerequisite of the conditional offer. Or just call them up and ask.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous
How does that make sense? Usually, STEP is part of or the prerequisite of the conditional offer. Or just call them up and ask.

Do you mean that I should already know if I need to take the step or not?
Do you mean that I should already know if I need to take the step or not?

Yes, besides, if it's not required by the uni why are you considering taking it?
Yes, besides, if it's not required by the uni why are you considering taking it?

Oh, its because i also applied for cambridge and if i get an offer from them then i will need to take step, but i dont know if i will get an offer yet…
Oh, its because i also applied for cambridge and if i get an offer from them then i will need to take step, but i dont know if i will get an offer yet…

Ah, I see. I suppose they want to know whether you applied to Cambridge, to be honest. They also ask for other Oxbridge tests like the TMUA. I don't know whether that's viewed favourably or negatively but I'd answer truthfully as you are planning to meet that offer. Anyways, they do say they won't disadvantage you if you are applying to Oxbridge, I'm presuming it has more to do with logistics, as in how many applicants they would need to send offers to as many of them may end up getting into Oxbridge?
Ah, I see. I suppose they want to know whether you applied to Cambridge, to be honest. They also ask for other Oxbridge tests like the TMUA. I don't know whether that's viewed favourably or negatively but I'd answer truthfully as you are planning to meet that offer. Anyways, they do say they won't disadvantage you if you are applying to Oxbridge, I'm presuming it has more to do with logistics, as in how many applicants they would need to send offers to as many of them may end up getting into Oxbridge?

Thank you very much for your response :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest