The Student Room Group

Ok

Ok
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymousnumber
People have told me they’re quite bad as I got 6s but I know these are very good but a lot of people said that on average I got like a 7 which isn’t greT. I went to a private school where everyone got 9s

I can't tell whether this is satire or not, as there's lots of similar content on this website. Only 3% of people in the country get 9s. Your private school, if you're not trolling, is representative of the elite few and not the real world. Believe me, 6s and 7s are very good.
Original post by Anonymousnumber
People have told me they’re quite bad as I got 6s but I know these are very good but a lot of people said that on average I got like a 7 which isn’t greT. I went to a private school where everyone got 9s

Averaging 7s is not bad because you can pretty much apply to any course you want. It only matters if you want to apply to universities that look at your GCSE'S,e.g Oxford. I would recommend to not worry too much as I found GCSE's quite hard because of the various number of subjects you had to revise for. It is not the end of the world if you do badly in your gcse's so from now on, try to focus on your A levels and getting good grades in that.
Good grief there's nothing wrong with 6s. I realise that the majority of people on TSR have this expectation of achieving straight 9s, but that's not representative of the population.

Think about it... who would be most likely to be spending time on a website dedicated to studying? The ones who get the highest marks, obviously.
(Not all of course, but that tends to be the TSR trend.)

I got A*AAAABBBCCC myself, so I'm far from being in that top tier, but my grades were still decent when compared with the large numbers of people who leave school having failed many subjects.

Why do you think colleges don't really bat an eyelid when it comes to offering maths & english for resits? There's just that many people who fail them.

My goodness you're absolutely fine, don't worry.
(edited 1 year ago)
I know someone who literally got his phone number for his GCSEs. Your fine buddy.

Quick Reply

Latest