The Student Room Group

Girls intimidated by me? cant seem to approach girls!!!!

Guys im just completely stumped..anon for obvious reasons thanks

i keep gettin told im a good looking guy (not saying i am!!).....very much into fashion and very confident/outgoing..play sports a lot......most guys that meet me make comments bout how i must get alotta girls....
thing is i just cant seem to approach girls in clubs or anywhere at all
I get girls that make eye contact..but sooner rather than later they will look away and i dont want to approach them then..ni case they not interested/stuck up/put me down......
one thing thats also bothering me is that in the past girls would smile at me if they were interested..it doesnt happen at all now..i just get the odd bit of eye contact and they will look away sooner rather than later..

I went to a party last night........and majority of the girls werent anything special but I saw 2 girls in particular..both very pretty...staring at me...but they would stare every now and then ..but that would be it..they clung on to their female friends throughout the course of this party and if anything....forget me approaching them..i couldnt see an opportunity to approach em.....these were girls from a high end private school that most of u will hav heard of so maybe they r just stuck up ...but it happens regularly now..Ill see girls that eye me up or whatever..but they will make minimal effort to give me an opportunity to speak to them..
ive seen some guys ujst approach girls without any indicator of interest and just wildly ask girls for numbers..but im just not like that..too much of an ego if anything

Im starting to..again im very sorry if i sound arrogant..but im starrting to think maybe girls get intimidated by me.....i went clubbing last week and got talkin to some guy who was a friend of a friend..and just very naturally..he made some comment bout if i was a model......to which i laughed...(incidentally i hav had modelling offers before)......on top of that..i seem to hav a cocky rep for some reason..and hav a "nice" car..according to mates..so maybe girls are intimidated by me..

im seriously seriously stumped..any help would be mega appreciated....as I feel as if all the supposed factors are there to be succesful with girls..but its just not happening anymore.....
thanks alot.....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm sorry if no one is going to say it i will. Girls get intimidated by your looks? Thats why you cant get any to go out with you?
Dude..
Get over yourself.
Girls aren't intimidated by you, you're intimidated by them.
dunno wot u look like...but if ur as good lookin as the model scouts and friends say then maybe girls think ur outta their league?....as for the girls staying together thing...most do that for confidence and safety...maybe next party ur at.."bump" into one or reach for the same drink....if ur in a club ask if the girl wud like a drink or get a friend to introduce e.g in house/club say this is....etc...then ur friend dissappears to toielt or to talk to someone of a phone call etc....just be yourself around girls and lastly u seem kinda shy...go out with friends who have girlfriends..maybe they'll bring their girl pals and from a friendship to more chattin who knows...you might meet a nice girl
Reply 4
All at once

Seconded.
Reply 5
Anonymous
Guys im just completely stumped..anon for obvious reasons thanks

i keep gettin told im a good looking guy (not saying i am!!).....very much into fashion and very confident/outgoing..play sports a lot......most guys that meet me make comments bout how i must get alotta girls....
I get girls that make eye contact..but sooner rather than later they will look away and i dont want to approach them then..ni case they not interested/stuck up/put me down......
one thing thats also bothering me is that in the past girls would smile at me if they were interested..it doesnt happen at all now..i just get the odd bit of eye contact and they will look away sooner rather than later..

I went to a party last night........and majority of the girls werent anything special but I saw 2 girls in particular..both very pretty...staring at me...but they would stare every now and then ..but that would be it..they clung on to their female friends throughout the course of this party and if anything....forget me approaching them..i couldnt see an opportunity to approach em.....these were girls from a high end private school that most of u will hav heard of so maybe they r just stuck up ...but it happens regularly now..Ill see girls that eye me up or whatever..but they will make minimal effort to give me an opportunity to speak to them..
ive seen some guys ujst approach girls without any indicator of interest and just wildly ask girls for numbers..but im just not like that..too much of an ego if anything

Im starting to..again im very sorry if i sound arrogant..but im starrting to think maybe girls get intimidated by me.....i went clubbing last week and got talkin to some guy who was a friend of a friend..and just very naturally..he made some comment bout if i was a model......to which i laughed...(incidentally i hav had modelling offers before)......on top of that..i seem to hav a cocky rep for some reason..and hav a "nice" car..according to mates..so maybe girls are intimidated by me..

im seriously seriously stumped..any help would be mega appreciated....as I feel as if all the supposed factors are there to be succesful with girls..but its just not happening anymore.....
thanks alot.....

The key is confidence. Confidence is sexy. And also your arrogance is not confidence, if anything, it's an attempt to mask your lack of confidence.

When you see a girl looking at you, that you find attractive and want to get to know better, walk right over to her. Look back in her eyes, not in a crazy staring scary way, but in a way that looks confident and fun. Don't hesitate for a second. Then, just start conversation. Even, "you enjoying the party?", or "Hi, I'm Billybob. You are?" would be good enough, although it's a pretty boring conversation starter.
Reply 6
Anonymous

Well no, you don't approach them so of course you're not going to find out if they're interested.

You're probably still in the immature phase of assuming that just because a girl makes eye-contact, she must want to **** you. Trust me, from experience, it means very little. Of course, if you don't approach them, you can keep on telling yourself that they're interested (when actually they're not).

The only way you'll find out if they're interested, is if you approach you. Unfortunately, you'll probably realise that much to your dismay, very few are interested in you and even fewer will be interested when they realise how boring you are.
Reply 7
SamTheMan
Well no, you don't approach them so of course you're not going to find out if they're interested.

You're probably still in the immature phase of assuming that just because a girl makes eye-contact, she must want to **** you. Trust me, from experience, it means very little. Of course, if you don't approach them, you can keep on telling yourself that they're interested (when actually they're not).

The only way you'll find out if they're interested, is if you approach you. Unfortunately, you'll probably realise that much to your dismay, very few are interested in you and even fewer will be interested when they realise how boring you are.

True, all true. Give this man some pos rep.
Reply 8
I'm kind of feeling intimidated tbh.
It may sound like the epitome of arrogance, but I sort of came to the same conclusion regarding my own situation. Don't hit me you lot. :p:

Of course, it was really my own fault. I felt like I didn't or at least shouldn't need to relentlessly approach girls one after the other in the hopes that I'd get a bite, like most of my mates did.

Eventually, you'll just have to knuckle down (grow some balls/get desperate/get ridiculously drunk/etc.) and do some approaching. That's what I did. The bright side is that you'll find you won't have to cast the net as wide as most people, which makes the whole approaching-girls affair a bit less cringe-worthy.

I found that most of the girls that did approach me I wasn't interested in anyway, for a variety of reasons. Notably, a lot of them are serial one-night-standers.
If you were truly confident you would identify the most attractive female in any room and walk straight up to her and start a conversation. Being truly confident is not about assuming that girls are into you but intimidated, its about being able to face rejection from beautiful females with minimum upset.

Even if your intellect and writing ability matched your other assets, not every good looking girl would find you attractive - I know plenty of girls who aren't into Pierce Brosnan.
Reply 11
pendragon
If you were truly confident you would identify the most attractive female in any room and walk straight up to her and start a conversation. Being truly confident is not about assuming that girls are into you but intimidated, its about being able to face rejection from beautiful females with minimum upset.

Even if your intellect and writing ability matched your other assets, not every good looking girl would find you attractive - I know plenty of girls who aren't into Pierce Brosnan.

Because Pierce Brosnan is not attractive at all.
Reply 12
All at once

Once again, another bloody brilliant sig. :biggrin:
Reply 13
Zamolxes
I'm sorry if no one is going to say it i will. Girls get intimidated by your looks? Thats why you cant get any to go out with you?
Dude..
Get over yourself.

Knew someone was gonna bash me for the original post :rolleyes:
erm...its not that i cant get anyone to go out with me..its the fact that im not approaching anyone to go out with me...cos i see girls giving me the eye and u think they are interested....but they dont give you an opportunity to speak to them..ie a smile..or some other excuse........
Reply 14
Anonymous
dunno wot u look like...but if ur as good lookin as the model scouts and friends say then maybe girls think ur outta their league?....as for the girls staying together thing...most do that for confidence and safety...maybe next party ur at.."bump" into one or reach for the same drink....if ur in a club ask if the girl wud like a drink or get a friend to introduce e.g in house/club say this is....etc...then ur friend dissappears to toielt or to talk to someone of a phone call etc....just be yourself around girls and lastly u seem kinda shy...go out with friends who have girlfriends..maybe they'll bring their girl pals and from a friendship to more chattin who knows...you might meet a nice girl

I seriously doubt any girl thinks Im out her league..
having said that..what i do start to think is that because I am known for being pretty confident..and come across as a bit arrogant...the girls automatically think that If I dont approach them..then im defo not interested....cos most guys like myself go approaching girls...
I simply dont like approaching girls tho..I dont like the whole "put myself out there" aspect of it.....and if the girls a stuck up bit*h...last thing I want is for her to have that satisfaction that Im interested ......
So whats the problem? You don't have to approach girls if you don't want to
All at once

Hit the nail on the head - BANG!
Reply 17
Anonymous
very much into fashion and very confident/outgoing.......most guys that meet me make comments bout how i must get alotta girls....

They probably think you're gay. Not going and talking to them also probably kinda slims your chances.
When I used to be shy at lot of girls assumed I was Gay or a bit rude ,because I would be very outgoing with my friends but would ignore them.

And a girl looking at you can mean you are in but the key is knowing what kind of look it is. Some girls aren't subtle about it but that might be deliberate so you approach them. !

But in the op's case I think he is over thinking it. They probably aren't intimidated by you ,men who are that goodlooking are very few and I don't mean blokes who get 10's on hot or not, I mean traffic stopping looks. But lots of girls get blokes approaching them all the time what makes you special and why should they approach you? The only way you know you are in is to go and talk to them.
Reply 19
Perhaps the girls aren't intimidated of you, but are worried about being rejected as naturally most girls are unless they're drunk.

Latest

Trending

Trending