Why can't short peopel wear 3/4 pants? Watch

lostintime
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I do think this is a silly thing to post but just wanted an opinion because I went to the gym with my friend and she was laughing at my pants saying that they don't suit me and make my legs look 'freakishly short'. I wasn't particularly bothered then because I was at the gym but just wondered as I am just under 5ft Ive heard lots of people say short people shouldn't wear 3/4 length pants but why:confused: I don't want to sound vain or anything but I think they look ok but thought Id check as I don't just wear them for the gym but for casual wear too. These are them.. sorry I know its a weird pic:o:
caaakeeey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
haha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lostintime)
I do think this is a silly thing to post but just wanted an opinion because I went to the gym with my friend and she was laughing at my pants saying that they don't suit me and make my legs look 'freakishly short'. I wasn't particularly bothered then because I was at the gym but just wondered as I am just under 5ft Ive heard lots of people say short people shouldn't wear 3/4 length pants but why:confused: I don't want to sound vain or anything but I think they look ok but thought Id check as I don't just wear them for the gym but for casual wear too. These are them.. sorry I know its a weird pic:o:
You went to the gym in your pants? :confused:
afua12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think it's to do with cutting the leg in half/ drawing attention to only part of your legs or something along the lines of.
They're fine for the gym - you'll want to be comfortable, and if 3/4s are, then wear them! I don't think they're great for casual wear though, they do make your legs somehow look shorter. But then I wouldn't recommend anyone to wear 3/4s, I think they look a little odd.
lostintime
Rep:
?
(Original post by SillyFencer)
You went to the gym in your pants? :confused:
jogging pants:yep:
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
jogging pants:yep:
Aah... troosers. lol
Nynyflower
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Er, heard the phrase 'trousers'?

Nowt wrong with them btw.
lostintime
Rep:
?
(Original post by afua12)
I think it's to do with cutting the leg in half/ drawing attention to only part of your legs or something along the lines of.
They're fine for the gym - you'll want to be comfortable, and if 3/4s are, then wear them! I don't think they're great for casual wear though, they do make your legs somehow look shorter. But then I wouldn't recommend anyone to wear 3/4s, I think they look a little odd.
hm Ive heard that before but thought it was nonsense, maybe its true. I guess you could say the same with shorts though they are only 1/4 in length yet they look fine on most people.
lostintime
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nynyflower)
Er, heard the phrase 'trousers'?

Nowt wrong with them btw.
Ah ok, yea Ive heard of trousers, never heard the word pants? :p:
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Pants is the proper word! people on here are silly.

personally, i think people who are short can look silly, but then, people who are tall can too, its only middle people who look alright usually.
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes they're knickers.
Funny thread name though.

As for your friend, she's talking rubbish. They look fine. Girls can just be *****y about clothing and say things to feel better about themselves.
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For the same reason that a giant can't pull condoms over the Eiffel Tower. Disproportionality, dear. :p:
goodLife
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They make your legs look even shorter, with long legs its not so bad.
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
they look fine on you. if it was fashionable trousers then no no, but a looks fine for gymmage.
LO :)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They look fine for casual wear/the gym. Otherwise I think shorter people (I'm only 5ft myself) should stick to longer trousers.
Riddy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't think they make your legs look all that short.
Haft_Hasht_Shish
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They look alright, nowt wrong with it at all.
xxstace123xx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
See I think they look weird on me and I am tall (5'9)
9mm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Because they accentuate short legs, making them look even shorter...

It's nothing your friend should laugh about though, it's only the gym :rolleyes: :p: and it's up to you if that's something you would be bothered by. But why not just wear shorts to the gym? Much more comfortable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (225)
27.85%
No (583)
72.15%

Watched Threads