Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I do think this is a silly thing to post but just wanted an opinion because I went to the gym with my friend and she was laughing at my pants saying that they don't suit me and make my legs look 'freakishly short'. I wasn't particularly bothered then because I was at the gym but just wondered as I am just under 5ft Ive heard lots of people say short people shouldn't wear 3/4 length pants but why:confused: I don't want to sound vain or anything but I think they look ok but thought Id check as I don't just wear them for the gym but for casual wear too. These are them.. sorry I know its a weird pic:o:

ReputationRep:
    haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostintime)
    I do think this is a silly thing to post but just wanted an opinion because I went to the gym with my friend and she was laughing at my pants saying that they don't suit me and make my legs look 'freakishly short'. I wasn't particularly bothered then because I was at the gym but just wondered as I am just under 5ft Ive heard lots of people say short people shouldn't wear 3/4 length pants but why:confused: I don't want to sound vain or anything but I think they look ok but thought Id check as I don't just wear them for the gym but for casual wear too. These are them.. sorry I know its a weird pic:o:
    You went to the gym in your pants? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's to do with cutting the leg in half/ drawing attention to only part of your legs or something along the lines of.
    They're fine for the gym - you'll want to be comfortable, and if 3/4s are, then wear them! I don't think they're great for casual wear though, they do make your legs somehow look shorter. But then I wouldn't recommend anyone to wear 3/4s, I think they look a little odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    You went to the gym in your pants? :confused:
    jogging pants:yep:

ReputationRep:
    jogging pants:yep:
    Aah... troosers. lol

ReputationRep:
    Er, heard the phrase 'trousers'?

Nowt wrong with them btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afua12)
    I think it's to do with cutting the leg in half/ drawing attention to only part of your legs or something along the lines of.
    They're fine for the gym - you'll want to be comfortable, and if 3/4s are, then wear them! I don't think they're great for casual wear though, they do make your legs somehow look shorter. But then I wouldn't recommend anyone to wear 3/4s, I think they look a little odd.
    hm Ive heard that before but thought it was nonsense, maybe its true. I guess you could say the same with shorts though they are only 1/4 in length yet they look fine on most people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nynyflower)
    Er, heard the phrase 'trousers'?

Nowt wrong with them btw.
    Ah ok, yea Ive heard of trousers, never heard the word pants? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Pants is the proper word! people on here are silly.

personally, i think people who are short can look silly, but then, people who are tall can too, its only middle people who look alright usually.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they're knickers.
    Funny thread name though.

As for your friend, she's talking rubbish. They look fine. Girls can just be *****y about clothing and say things to feel better about themselves.

ReputationRep:
    For the same reason that a giant can't pull condoms over the Eiffel Tower. Disproportionality, dear. :p:

ReputationRep:
    They make your legs look even shorter, with long legs its not so bad.

ReputationRep:
    they look fine on you. if it was fashionable trousers then no no, but a looks fine for gymmage.

ReputationRep:
    They look fine for casual wear/the gym. Otherwise I think shorter people (I'm only 5ft myself) should stick to longer trousers.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they make your legs look all that short.

ReputationRep:
    They look alright, nowt wrong with it at all.

ReputationRep:
    See I think they look weird on me and I am tall (5'9)

ReputationRep:
    Because they accentuate short legs, making them look even shorter...

It's nothing your friend should laugh about though, it's only the gym :rolleyes: :p: and it's up to you if that's something you would be bothered by. But why not just wear shorts to the gym? Much more comfortable.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.