Turn on thread page Beta

Why can't short peopel wear 3/4 pants? watch

ReputationRep:
    I do think this is a silly thing to post but just wanted an opinion because I went to the gym with my friend and she was laughing at my pants saying that they don't suit me and make my legs look 'freakishly short'. I wasn't particularly bothered then because I was at the gym but just wondered as I am just under 5ft Ive heard lots of people say short people shouldn't wear 3/4 length pants but why:confused: I don't want to sound vain or anything but I think they look ok but thought Id check as I don't just wear them for the gym but for casual wear too. These are them.. sorry I know its a weird pic:o:

ReputationRep:
    haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostintime)
    I do think this is a silly thing to post but just wanted an opinion because I went to the gym with my friend and she was laughing at my pants saying that they don't suit me and make my legs look 'freakishly short'. I wasn't particularly bothered then because I was at the gym but just wondered as I am just under 5ft Ive heard lots of people say short people shouldn't wear 3/4 length pants but why:confused: I don't want to sound vain or anything but I think they look ok but thought Id check as I don't just wear them for the gym but for casual wear too. These are them.. sorry I know its a weird pic:o:
    You went to the gym in your pants? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's to do with cutting the leg in half/ drawing attention to only part of your legs or something along the lines of.
    They're fine for the gym - you'll want to be comfortable, and if 3/4s are, then wear them! I don't think they're great for casual wear though, they do make your legs somehow look shorter. But then I wouldn't recommend anyone to wear 3/4s, I think they look a little odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    You went to the gym in your pants? :confused:
    jogging pants:yep:

ReputationRep:
    jogging pants:yep:
    Aah... troosers. lol

ReputationRep:
    Er, heard the phrase 'trousers'?

Nowt wrong with them btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afua12)
    I think it's to do with cutting the leg in half/ drawing attention to only part of your legs or something along the lines of.
    They're fine for the gym - you'll want to be comfortable, and if 3/4s are, then wear them! I don't think they're great for casual wear though, they do make your legs somehow look shorter. But then I wouldn't recommend anyone to wear 3/4s, I think they look a little odd.
    hm Ive heard that before but thought it was nonsense, maybe its true. I guess you could say the same with shorts though they are only 1/4 in length yet they look fine on most people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nynyflower)
    Er, heard the phrase 'trousers'?

Nowt wrong with them btw.
    Ah ok, yea Ive heard of trousers, never heard the word pants? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Pants is the proper word! people on here are silly.

personally, i think people who are short can look silly, but then, people who are tall can too, its only middle people who look alright usually.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they're knickers.
    Funny thread name though.

As for your friend, she's talking rubbish. They look fine. Girls can just be *****y about clothing and say things to feel better about themselves.

ReputationRep:
    For the same reason that a giant can't pull condoms over the Eiffel Tower. Disproportionality, dear. :p:

ReputationRep:
    They make your legs look even shorter, with long legs its not so bad.

ReputationRep:
    they look fine on you. if it was fashionable trousers then no no, but a looks fine for gymmage.

ReputationRep:
    They look fine for casual wear/the gym. Otherwise I think shorter people (I'm only 5ft myself) should stick to longer trousers.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they make your legs look all that short.

ReputationRep:
    They look alright, nowt wrong with it at all.

ReputationRep:
    See I think they look weird on me and I am tall (5'9)

ReputationRep:
    Because they accentuate short legs, making them look even shorter...

It's nothing your friend should laugh about though, it's only the gym :rolleyes: :p: and it's up to you if that's something you would be bothered by. But why not just wear shorts to the gym? Much more comfortable.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.