Turn on thread page Beta

Not feeling well at the gym watch

ReputationRep:
    I am anxious in general but when I go to the gym I always feel weak and anxious and am always scared that I'l faint. Ive fainted in the past but its the anxiety more than anything thats the problem. It happens in superstores its as thought the lighting/environment makes me feel anxious and lightheaded. Does this happen to any of you at the gym though do you feel timid and weak all the time? I have to force myself to do stuff yet I like exersising outside:confused:

ReputationRep:
    i get that too as well, i don't know why. people always say it's normal to feel lightheaded after working out cause of the release of endorphins but sometimes after working out i feel really really light headed and sick.

ReputationRep:
    and yeah it does make me feel weak too, i just feel really out of it and i just want to lay down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by repellent)
    I am anxious in general but when I go to the gym I always feel weak and anxious and am always scared that I'l faint. Ive fainted in the past but its the anxiety more than anything thats the problem. It happens in superstores its as thought the lighting/environment makes me feel anxious and lightheaded. Does this happen to any of you at the gym though do you feel timid and weak all the time?
    You need therapy. Being anxious of all social situations can't be good for your personal welfare or health. Get down to your doctor and get a referral.

There have been times that I've felt faint, normally when I'm pushing myself too hard and/or hungover, as opposed to being anxious.

(Original post by repellent)
    I have to force myself to do stuff yet I like exersising outside:confused:
    Use some common sense then, exercise outside. You'll enjoy it far more and benefit more from it.

If you want some resistance training get down to your local park and do some bodyweight exercises or get some dumbbells and take them into your garden. If you want some interval training, again, go down to your local park and run intervals/sprints. Failing that join the local football/rugby/whatever team, again, chances are you'll enjoy it more, make more friends, get fitter and healthier, etc.

ReputationRep:
    are you eating good sources of protien before and after a workork? are you eating anything? carbs are good before you work out

ReputationRep:
    I always feel light headed after doing any leg exercises so Fridays at the gym are horrible as that's all I do!

I haven't fainted yet but my brother did about a month ago.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I feel really lightheaded during/just after I've been for a swim, I think it might be dehydration so now i try and drink a lot before i go to the pool

ReputationRep:
    I always feel light headed after a good squat session... but yeh, as Choc said; that's not right.

ReputationRep:
    I feel lighted headed after a set of squats.

ReputationRep:
    i feel a bit dizzy immediately after a set of squats or deadlifts. i am usually sick if i have a long time off then start back again. but other than that no. nothing like what you describe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Venom)
    I always feel light headed after a good squat session... but yeh, as Choc said; that's not right.
    Im not anxious of all social situations its on and off depending on what mood Im in, its just confidence really.

ReputationRep:
    Eat before maybe? Or drink plenty of water...
    Or exercise a little less. Know your limits.. if you don't feel well, stop using the machines or working out. Your body is telling you it's time to take a break! (And probably a kit kat, too!)

ReputationRep:
    I get lightheaded after squats too...I'm glad I'm not the only one!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.