The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

help with uni choice for music

I have been offered a place at Royal Holloway and Bristol for music. i was an early applicant so already receiving offers. royal Holloway seems to be much better for music but worse as a university on the world rankings. can anyone offer any help for which option i should choose?
Reply 1
Original post by siong0004
I have been offered a place at Royal Holloway and Bristol for music. i was an early applicant so already receiving offers. royal Holloway seems to be much better for music but worse as a university on the world rankings. can anyone offer any help for which option i should choose?

Congratulations on your offers! (also I'm assuming it's University of Bristol correct me if I'm wrong) It really depends on what you want, if you are interested in league tables and world rankings and want to go to a russell group uni then Bristol is the one for you, I have also heard that Bristol has a good night life if that's something that also interests you, Royal Holloway has a very nice campus but I've heard it's in a dead area, if you don't care about that then Royal Holloway is a good choice, if you're really stuck have a look at their teaching styles and modules they might be different, Bristol will also have more workload than Royal Holloway (so I've heard) so you'll have less free time, I would recommend you do a pros and cons list but in my opinion Bristol is a really good choice,
Good luck and congrats on the offers!
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
I guess it depends on what you want to do afterwards and where you want to work? RHUL's world ranking are lower, yes, but it has the University of London name, which can counter that to an extent esp. overseas sometimes.

If you're planning to work in a music-related field, you can't go wrong with either! RHUL is a world-renowned and extremely respected dept. I'd make any decisions based on what you want out of a uni experience. If you want buzzing cosmopolitan city life, then Bristol is probs the better choice (as has been said, Egham is rather dead, haha!)...

Quick Reply

Latest