The Student Room Group

I started my A-Levels a month ago- AMA!

As per the title, I started my A-Levels a little over a month ago, so ask me anything!

I'm doing A-Level biology, maths, psychology and an EPQ :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hullo :smile:, hope it's okay I got a couple questions? How are you finding Maths and Biology at the moment? Would you say that even though they're obviously much harder they're just as enjoyable/interesting as GCSEs, or less or more? Did you take Psychology GCSE too, or are you new to it? How are you finding that? Lastly, can I ask how high GCSE grades you should aim to get in order to continue at A-Level? Do you think you can carry on with an A Level from GCSE with only 6s, 7s and possibly a couple 8s? How much would you struggle otherwise? Thank you!
How do you feel after starting A-Levels?
Do you like trees?
What's EPQ?
What's your favorite color?
What's your favorite song?
What's your favorite brand?
What's your favorite artist?
Original post by {Moss}
Hullo :smile:, hope it's okay I got a couple questions? How are you finding Maths and Biology at the moment? Would you say that even though they're obviously much harder they're just as enjoyable/interesting as GCSEs, or less or more? Did you take Psychology GCSE too, or are you new to it? How are you finding that? Lastly, can I ask how high GCSE grades you should aim to get in order to continue at A-Level? Do you think you can carry on with an A Level from GCSE with only 6s, 7s and possibly a couple 8s? How much would you struggle otherwise? Thank you!

Atm I'm finding maths the easiest and biology the hardest. With biology I find that I have to go over stuff again more than I do with maths. Maths is just as enjoyable as it was at GCSE but if I'm being honest biology has gone from being my favourite at gcse to my least favourite at a-level.

I hadn't done psychology before starting A-Levels no, but I'm doing pretty well at it so far and although it's a lot of content, it's not that bad.

Tbh as long as you get the grades your college/sixth form requires there isn't a set level for grades. Obviously you need to do fairly well in your GCSEs but like if you don't get straight 8s and 9s it really doesn't matter. Ofc you can do a-levels with those grades, I'd personally pick subjects I have the higher grades in though :smile:
Original post by TreeWatcher
How do you feel after starting A-Levels?

Tired :rofl:

Do you like trees?

I wouldn't really say I have an opinion on them icl

What's EPQ?

EPQ is extended project qualification. It's basically an independent research project which is equivalent to an AS level. You can do an artefact or a dissertation for it, I'm doing dissertation so I basically have to research a topic and write a 5000 word essay on it
Favourite sub forum on TSR?
Are frogs your favourite animal?
I finished mine 8 years ago...
Original post by {Moss}

Would pick subjects that you'll enjoy 🤷🏾*♀️.
Original post by Talkative Toad
Favourite sub forum on TSR?

Forum games :woo:

Are frogs your favourite animal?

How could you tell? :eek3:
What's your favorite color?

Purple

What's your favorite song?
What's your favorite brand?
What's your favorite artist?

Favourite song currently is 505 by arctic monkeys but it changes a lot
Original post by thrivingfrog
Forum games :woo:

How could you tell? :eek3:

Username, so it is your favourite animal?
Username, so it is your favourite animal?

Yeah, although I love cats aswell
Original post by thrivingfrog
Yeah, although I love cats aswell

Nice. I like forum games too (post distribution shows this).
Nice. I like forum games too (post distribution shows this).

you do have significantly more posts in forum games than anywhere else.
you are also a debate and current affairs helper, so I thought you might be there a lot of the time as well as forum games
you do have significantly more posts in forum games than anywhere else.
you are also a debate and current affairs helper, so I thought you might be there a lot of the time as well as forum games

Got lots of posts in D&CA, over 1000 :h:. I mainly spam in forum games (spam in spam threads as it's easy and fun) and do counting games that's why. I volunteer in forum games too if you check in "this forum is supported by" bit in forum games.

I don't post as much in D&CA as I used to but I might simply read through threads and not post.

Quick Reply

Latest