ReputationRep:
    "Oh sure!
    It's Putrefaction and Manure
    And unrelenting Rot, Rot, Rot,
    As you regress, from Zoo. to Bot."

From 'Being Dead', by Jim Crace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadExaminee)
    So, are you afraid that one day you'll be old and it'll be your time to say goodbye ? Do you believe in Heaven and Hell ? What do you think will happen after death ?
    I am not afraid of death, I am afraid of wasting my life. If I were to die, at any age, feeling I had done as much as I was able to do up till then, I wouldn't be so scared. But if I were to die an old woman, unfulfilled and dissatisfied, I'd be terrified.

And there's a whole different question of am I afraid of how I'll die? To which my answer is yes. I don't want to be murdered or poisioned or anything horrific like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadExaminee)
    So, are you afraid that one day you'll be old and it'll be your time to say goodbye ? Do you believe in Heaven and Hell ? What do you think will happen after death ?
    no and nothing

ReputationRep:
    I'm not scared, I've built up quite a list of people I'm going to haunt already. It will keep me busy :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Why fear the inevitable? All animals live and then die it cant be escaped, so I just accept it rather than fear ot.
    I personally think that when I die thats it, I will be placed in a coffin, cremated and my ashes will be scattered somewhere. End of. No more George, physically or spiritually.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an existentialist.

It's all an incredibly miserable topic for one of those.

We die. Then there's an eternal nothingness. We don't notice it cos we're dead. That's what I believe.

ReputationRep:
    i think ima go to hell lol

ReputationRep:
    Terrified to be honest, when I think about it. It'll just be nothingness. Like going to sleep forever.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, but i do agree that i fear not doing anything with my life before i die
    or having big regrets when i know i have no time left!

ReputationRep:
    Im not scared of death itself, but I hate the idea that i'll die and the world will move on and I will be forgotten. I believe in heaven & hell

ReputationRep:
    "I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

-Woody Allen

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    I always do love these threads. It gives a chance for people to give themselves an ego boost.

'I'm not afraid! I don't need to believe in some man in the sky!'

You big strong, brave person.

(Original post by numb3rb0y)
    When I die, the electrical impulses within my nervous system will dissipate, and I will rot. Nothing more, nothing less. It does not worry me. I'd rather like to go out dramatically, but once I'm dead, I dare say I won't be capable of caring much.
    This and nihilism.

They sure do make a good mix.

TSR, time to make a call to the authorities?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sithius)
    I always love these threads. It gives a chance for people to give themselves an ego boost.

'I'm not afraid! I don't need to believe in some man in the sky!'

You big strong, brave person.
    I don't think anyone has posted anything about not believing in "some man in the sky" so far in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    I do not fear death! If it came now, I'd not worry at all.

The body is a vessel for the soul, once it's dead the soul leaves. What lays on the other side, well I won't return to inform you (as others have failed too)

ReputationRep:
    Nope i'm not afraid of death I believe in Heaven and Hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperDaz)
    I'm not scared, I've built up quite a list of people I'm going to haunt already. It will keep me busy :teeth:
    Derek will deal with you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not worried about death itself. I don't like the idea of being old and dependent on others, not able to pursue the interests I once had, and I'm terrified of one day losing my mental capacities. But I'm confident that at least one of those things will be somewhat treatable by the time it becomes an issue heh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not afraid of death. It's going to happen, but I'm not going to twiddle my thumbs waiting. Why bother even thinking about it, since no-one can really say what happens afterwards? I'd rather think about how to light a fire with nothing more than a tampon and 20 Big Mac boxes.

ReputationRep:
    When I think about death I think about an empty feeling in my stomach of nothing, it will just be dark and i'll just float and not think or anything, there wont be a me.. i'll be the nothingyness and it'll be me, foreverrrr

And it'll be good becuase if I can't feel anything and I don't exist it means I can't feel bad things, but I can't feel good things either

So really, I'm not scared, but i'm not altogether comfy with it either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappinessHappening)
    "I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

-Woody Allen

:cool:
    My dad used to say that quite frequently.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.