This discussion is closed.
RachelBabyfrog
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
A girl in our year has applied to university for joint honours History and English. She was quite surprised to get a letter from Huddersfield inviting her to an interview for Fine Art, Painting and Drawing! It said to come along with her portfolio for a chat. She thought it must have been a mistake because she hasn't done Art since Year Nine, but it turns out she has actually applied to the Fine Art course by mistake!

Ooops!

Anyone else met any slightly bizarre mistakes?
Asian cutie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah true,i no some one who found out they applied to the wrong course after the open day!
lgs98jonee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, I am sure Huddersfield is quite happy to get an applicant who has probably got good grades, judging by RachelBabyFrog's, even they are not in Art lol
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Contact the university and change the course from art to English & history.
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah one of my friends did something weird liek that - was applying for ancient history and got an offer for engineering from a higer education technology college - we were all confused!
CamSPSer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
thats just crap to be honest, you should really check that kind of detail
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by notyourpunk)
thats just crap to be honest, you should really check that kind of detail
there was a muck up on her form though - all her other courses were fine! they also put her done for the wrong finance code. don't know if the writing was ambiguous or something but she had a copy she'd kept and was like "huh? there's nothing wrong with it!"

so she did check.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Huddersfield will pretty much let anyone in to do anything. They were probably just glad to have someone seriously think about going there.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (159)
24.8%
Better than expected (132)
20.59%
Worse than expected (350)
54.6%

Watched Threads