Turn on thread page Beta

Watchmen full theatrical trailer! A thing of beauty! watch

ReputationRep:
    clicky

Just amazing. This is easily my most anticipated film of all time. I cannot wait. There are much higher quality versions of the trailer around if you care to look. I personally find the best way to watch it is on the iTunes 720p version!

What do you all think?

ReputationRep:
    looks amazing

ReputationRep:
    Not knowing anything about the background, it looks pretty meh really. But I'll read up on it and come back with an informed opinion :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayne)
    Not knowing anything about the background, it looks pretty meh really. But I'll read up on it and come back with an informed opinion :yep:
    Prepare for a slice of humble pie my friend. When the trailer says "the most celebrated graphic novel of all time" it's really not lying. In fact you could take out the word "graphic" and that sentence would still ring true to a lot of people! lol.

ReputationRep:
    OMGOMGOMG!!!i'm not waiting anymore i'm DYING for it to come out!!

ReputationRep:
    Cant wait for this. Mr Snyder has definitely nailed the look of the book, I just hope he nails the story too.

ReputationRep:
    Enjoyable though 'V For Vendetta' was, it took liberties with the tone and content of the subject-matter beyond simple pruning and abridging (which are necessary evils). This looks (in)credible, but if it deviates significantly from the original narrative (particularly the ending), I shall not be best pleased; though the fact that '300' was pretty much a panel-for-panel translation of the graphic novel is very encouraging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayne)
    If you haven't read 'Watchmen', do: Moore is no less a literary genius for his choice of medium.

ReputationRep:
    :drool:

Haven't read the graphic novel for this, but I've been excited since I saw a teaser for it in the IMAX many moons ago!

ReputationRep:
    I don't read comics, however I love comic book films. This shall take the X-Men throne. Loooks grrrrreat.

Cannea wait for Wolverine either. (Though I don't like him, Gambit is the one I want to see)

ReputationRep:
    I love this quote!

"The world will look up and shout, 'save us!', and I will whisper, "no".

******* GREAT!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Enjoyable though 'V For Vendetta' was, it took liberties with the tone and content of the subject-matter beyond simple pruning and abridging (which are necessary evils). This looks (in)credible, but if it deviates significantly from the original narrative (particularly the ending), I shall not be best pleased; though the fact that '300' was pretty much a panel-for-panel translation of the graphic novel is very encouraging.
    Zack Snyder has stated that a certain extraterrestrial being has been omitted from the end of the film.

ReputationRep:
    waheyyy Muse's Take a Bow is in it! Bit choppy...but still "woo"

ReputationRep:
    omg, i want to watch it.
    okay 03.06.09 is a long time away tho

ReputationRep:
    I love the teaser trailer for it that was in IMAX, with the music and everything, very atmospheric and borderline creepy. Love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by volts)
    Zack Snyder has stated that a certain extraterrestrial being has been omitted from the end of the film.
    Hm. Provided he retains the ethical dilemma, I can probably forgive that.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, I've heard the ending is the same, just with a different... device. And the decision was made before he came on as director, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. The squid was just a device to move the plot forward, not part of the plot its self. I can live without it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    :drool:

Haven't read the graphic novel for this, but I've been excited since I saw a teaser for it in the IMAX many moons ago!
    I saw a trailer with the awesome sound of the Imax and thought it looked good but a bit strange-- "wtf is going on," was my first thought and it looked like there were several superheroes. I saw another trailer last week and felt the same. I hope it's not purely a special-effects piece.

I wonder if it'll open at Imax? That would be amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Same music as the first trailer for gta4 :P
    http://video.yahoo.com/watch/371505/2268106

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.