The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Rejection For No valid Reason

Hi guys
So i submitted my UCAS 3 weeks ago and i applied to a course at Kings called Sport and Exercise Medical Sciences. The Entry Requirements were DDM and This needed to be In Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
I applied with a BTEC in applied Science (Ext Diploma) With Grades D* D* D* and my course content covers all 3 of those sciences. I just went on the Portal and it says. 'Your application has now been carefully considered and we regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful in obtaining a place on the programme.
The reason for this was: Unfortunately, your qualifications do not meet a subject requirement which is necessary for entry to this programme therefore we are unable to consider your application any further'

Any Idea why this may have happened????
GCSEs?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
There was no GCSE requrement and i got Majority As aswell

Original post by lange schlange
GCSEs?
Original post by StonePone
There was no GCSE requrement and i got Majority As aswell

Have you met the entry requirements in full. It appears they want an A level in addition to your BTEC

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science at DDM. The subject content must include two from Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry or Physics.
OR
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science at DDM, and one A level at grade B. The A Level must be in Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry, Psychology, Mathematics or Physics.
OR
BTEC Level 3 Diploma (120 credits) in Applied Science at DM, and one A Level at grade A. Subjects covered must include two of Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry, Psychology, Physics, Physical Education, or Mathematics. The subject content in Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry or Physics can be met through the BTEC in Applied Science. The second required subject must be met through the A Level.
OR
BTEC Level 3 Diploma (120 credits) in Sport and Exercise Science at DM, and one A Level at grade A. The A Level must be in Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry, Psychology, Physics, or Mathematics.
OR
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma/Extended Certificate or CTEC Level 3 Introductory Diploma/Extended Certificate with overall grade D and two A levels at grades BB. Must include two of Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Physical Education or Mathematics, and one subject can be offered as the A level and the other being offered within the BTEC, or both can be offered at A-level. The subject content in Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry or Physics can be met through a BTEC in Applied Science. The subject content in Physical Education can be met through a BTEC in Sport and Exercise Science.
Reply 4
First one states Ext Diploma and dosent mention an A level

Original post by swanseajack1
Have you met the entry requirements in full. It appears they want an A level in addition to your BTEC

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science at DDM. The subject content must include two from Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry or Physics.
OR
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science at DDM, and one A level at grade B. The A Level must be in Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry, Psychology, Mathematics or Physics.
OR
BTEC Level 3 Diploma (120 credits) in Applied Science at DM, and one A Level at grade A. Subjects covered must include two of Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry, Psychology, Physics, Physical Education, or Mathematics. The subject content in Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry or Physics can be met through the BTEC in Applied Science. The second required subject must be met through the A Level.
OR
BTEC Level 3 Diploma (120 credits) in Sport and Exercise Science at DM, and one A Level at grade A. The A Level must be in Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry, Psychology, Physics, or Mathematics.
OR
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma/Extended Certificate or CTEC Level 3 Introductory Diploma/Extended Certificate with overall grade D and two A levels at grades BB. Must include two of Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Physical Education or Mathematics, and one subject can be offered as the A level and the other being offered within the BTEC, or both can be offered at A-level. The subject content in Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry or Physics can be met through a BTEC in Applied Science. The subject content in Physical Education can be met through a BTEC in Sport and Exercise Science.
Hi guys
So i submitted my UCAS 3 weeks ago and i applied to a course at Kings called Sport and Exercise Medical Sciences. The Entry Requirements were DDM and This needed to be In Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
I applied with a BTEC in applied Science (Ext Diploma) With Grades D* D* D* and my course content covers all 3 of those sciences. I just went on the Portal and it says. 'Your application has now been carefully considered and we regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful in obtaining a place on the programme.
The reason for this was: Unfortunately, your qualifications do not meet a subject requirement which is necessary for entry to this programme therefore we are unable to consider your application any further'

Any Idea why this may have happened????

Although your BTEC covers those three, it probably wont be to a satisfactory level equivalent to an A at A level. Did you do Biology and Chemistry units (and if so, did you get a Distinction for those units?)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
I am going to Dispute this as its highly unfair. They did not mention any specific Modules at all and my course is primarily Bio and Chem which is what they are essentially asking for as Physics is not mandatory

Original post by bamtutor
Although your BTEC covers those three, it probably wont be to a satisfactory level equivalent to an A at A level.
I am going to Dispute this as its highly unfair. They did not mention any specific Modules at all and my course is primarily Bio and Chem which is what they are essentially asking for as Physics is not mandatory

Theor website does state; The subject content must include two from Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry or Physics. So if you have done these, I agree that you should email them and query. Do they know which units you have completed (did you submit a full list) or do they just have your overall grade?
Email KCL and ask them,
Reply 9
i submitted a full list of my modules.

Original post by bamtutor
Theor website does state; The subject content must include two from Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry or Physics. So if you have done these, I agree that you should email them and query. Do they know which units you have completed (did you submit a full list) or do they just have your overall grade?
i submitted a full list of my modules.

definitely email them and ask then.

Quick Reply

Latest