The Student Room Group

Someone has puked in the shower cubicle....

Right, I'm annoyed basically. This morn(not just now, I mean about friday night/early morn) someone has puked in the shower cubicle where one gets changed I'm not sure how to react to this apart from absolute disgust. It's not me as I was in that night, all curled up in my bed. I dunno how to bring this up with my flatmates nicely, as in, if you are sick, ******' clear it up! I mean, even if I was ill and puked, I would defo clear it up, courtesy yah? I know you guys are gonna be asking, are you halls if so won't the cleaners clear it up? I would say yes but the timing of the puke means that it will remain there from friday until monday (monday is when the cleaners next come, I love them tbh). It is horrible! but basically the problem is everyone on my floor are international students apart from 2 other girls, I don't wanna discuss the problem without seeming malicious/hurting someone's feelings but it really is making me feel ill (the corridor stinks of it). How do I bring up with them? I really do wanna take up further issues with them too but I won't mention them cos it'll make my floor sound even more unbearable. lol. Thanks guys.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
just pour a bucket/washing up bowl of boiling soapy water over it, or maybe boiling water mixed with some bleach if you have any?

I know you shouldn't have to but that's just the way it goes sometimes :dontknow:
Reply 2
Why would them being international students make you want to discuss this with them less? Foreigners puke too.
Thats nothing , in my block we had a phantom ******* who would **** in random places like the kitchen, shower area , it went on all year. Can't you use the showers on another corridor until the cleaner comes?
Someone **** in our shower/bath the other week. Luckily we have cleaners, but we're still getting charged for what the dirty munter did.
Just bring it up in a "If you're sick effing clean it up kind of way." In these situations you kind of have to be blunt as its completely inconsiderate for people to just leave puke in the shower.

I feel your pain though, since we got to Uni we've had sick in out saucepans, someone throwing up in a bowl in the lift, and last (and by no means least) someone actually did a turd in our lift as well.
Just speak to them. Surely they must realise that throwing up and leaving last nights kebab or whatever on the floor for however many hours, is simply unacceptable? Not to mention unhygienic. Politely suggest that whoever spewed their guts cleans up after themselves.

OR clean it up yourself (a horrible though indeed) and then tell them that next time they had better sort it out themselves. If you do clean it up, make sure they bloody know about it!
Reply 7
Ministerdonut
Thats nothing , in my block we had a phantom ******* who would **** in random places like the kitchen, shower area , it went on all year. Can't you use the showers on another corridor until the cleaner comes?

lmao

Seriously, what the ****.
Reply 8
Freud
Why would them being international students make you want to discuss this with them less? Foreigners puke too.

Cos they're new to this country and I don't wanna make them feel any less welcome here. I was actually drunk when I wrote this thread (hence it being there from 5.30am lol), thanks for all the posts guys. I am probably kicking a fuss up too much but it is actually horrendous. I haven't got the stomach to clear it up, I so would if the consistency wasn't so, erm, lumpy.
Reply 9
Are you sure it wasn't you who threw up!? Your description sounds a lot like you're username :hmmm:
Reply 10
Welcome to university
en-suite FTW
captainlumpy
Cos they're new to this country and I don't wanna make them feel any less welcome here. I was actually drunk when I wrote this thread (hence it being there from 5.30am lol), thanks for all the posts guys. I am probably kicking a fuss up too much but it is actually horrendous. I haven't got the stomach to clear it up, I so would if the consistency wasn't so, erm, lumpy.

If someone pukes and leaves it lying around then they aren't welcome, that goes for anyone :mad:

Seriously, though, I think you should mention it to everyone and say that whoever did it should clean it up. That's really not okay and you shouldn't let the guilty party away with it.

(Thank God I don't live in halls any more!)
Maybe they don't remember.

Last year my mate came into my room to ask me what had happened the previous night but I couldn't remember either. He then showed me the shirt he'd worn, and it had sick on the back, which I realised meant either I had been sick on him, or there was some sick somewhere in our house... we found a load in the shower.

And it's only sick, it's a saturday night at university, get used to it.
why wouldn't you want to bring it up? it's disgusting. just ask them all and tell whoever it is to clean it the **** up.
Reply 15
Ministerdonut

hahahahaha thats amazing
TableChair

And it's only sick, it's a saturday night at university, get used to it.

why should she? adults shouldn't be getting so drunk they vomit and if they do they ought to be ashamed enough to clean it up.
vapid slut magician
why should she? adults shouldn't be getting so drunk they vomit and if they do they ought to be ashamed enough to clean it up.

I'm just saying I don't really think it's thread-worthy, this sort of stuff happens all the time :s-smilie:
Reply 18
WHy should you not make a fuss? they live there too. If they don't want a fuss, then puke and CLEAN IT!
Reply 19
SovietRussiaFH
en-suite FTW

Absolutely. Never felt so grateful for having an en-suite until I read this disgusting thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending