This discussion is closed.
mobb_theprequel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Prior till now I had only given the intercollegiate UoL residences fleeting consideration, but Nutford House looks to have a pretty spectacular location (Marble Arch/Hyde Park Corner/Oxford Street).

Does anybody know what it's like - in terms of the quality of accommodation, social vibe etc.? Oh, and what does it look like too (there are no pics on the LSE site)?

Cheers.
*Hythlodaeus*
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mobb_theprequel)
Prior till now I had only given the intercollegiate UoL residences fleeting consideration, but Nutford House looks to have a pretty spectacular location (Marble Arch/Hyde Park Corner/Oxford Street).

Does anybody know what it's like - in terms of the quality of accommodation, social vibe etc.? Oh, and what does it look like too (there are no pics on the LSE site)?

Cheers.

I think there are pictures and virtual tours of the intercollegiate halls on the UoL website, with Nutford being here. Hope that helps.
Lissy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I live in Nutford House!!!!! Feel free to PM me about the pros and cons of the place : )
mobb_theprequel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Just noticed replies (plural!...and I wasn't expecting any for a while).

Hythlodaeus - Thank you for the link to the 360 degree swirly panorama thingies.

Lissy - Thank you for the info pledge; I'll PM you.
kidney thief
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
is International Hall for overseas students only?
gringalet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kidney thief)
is International Hall for overseas students only?
I don't *think* so...I don't remember reading it anywhere, at least. Hope not, because I think I might like to apply there!
Lissy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Anyone can apply there...I think there are more international students than in other halls...but from what I've heard its a sociable and fun place to be...(and it has Sky TV in the common room!)
kidney thief
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
looks very futuristic on the website, is it far from the KCL strand and waterloo campuses?
gringalet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't think it's too far, no – maybe half an hour's walk at the most? It doesn't look very far away, anyway.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads