The Student Room Group

Veterinary medicine year abroad

Hi everyone,

I’ve applied for vet school 2023 entry for RVC, Nottingham, Liverpool and Bristol. Does anyone know if any of these universities have the opportunity to do years/some time abroad in other countries for veterinary? I was wondering specifically as I’m bilingual in french and English and have dual nationality so if anyone has any idea about this let me know. Thanks :smile:
You might be able to intercalate abroad but I can't imagine that you could actually do any of the vet med course abroad
Idk much about vet med but you can't do a full year abroad for medicine or dentistry. Electives might be available in 4th year.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sophiac88
Hi everyone,

I’ve applied for vet school 2023 entry for RVC, Nottingham, Liverpool and Bristol. Does anyone know if any of these universities have the opportunity to do years/some time abroad in other countries for veterinary? I was wondering specifically as I’m bilingual in french and English and have dual nationality so if anyone has any idea about this let me know. Thanks :smile:

Hi, I'm a third-year vet student at Liverpool and there's the option to do some rotations overseas in fourth or fifth year. From what I know there's the option to spend between 8 - 12 weeks doing rotations in a selection of different countries. In some countries you would be fine speaking English and others you would need to know the language (or learn it quickly). I do know we currently have an agreement with France to do some rotations there, as well as several other countries. You would find out more information about it in third year or you could contact the Vet School if you wanted to know more now.
Reply 4
Original post by Sophiac88
Hi everyone,

Hi, My DD is dual nationality French/ British and came from the French education system ( with the International option for the Bac) and is now a vet student in the UK. Whilst I think it’s almost impossible to do part of the actual course abroad, you can, and she has done part of her EMS abroad. Obviously they prefer you to do things like dairy farming and lambing in the UK because you are supposed to be familiar with British husbandry systems, but if you can get something like rescue centre experience at home in France and can provide the necessary insurance documents to your uni, it may well be possible. It was for my daughter.
If you live in France at the moment and have any specific questions about the admin side of the application ( SFE etc) don’t hesitate to DM me. Good luck!!
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending