Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being offended about exams Watch

ReputationRep:
    On wednesday night, a good friend of mine was taking the mick out of me for failign my uni exams (i failed so badly i almost got knicked out) and so I got really angry at him. Was i right to get angry at him for this?

ReputationRep:
    If you can't figure that out for yourself then small wonder you failed, really.

ReputationRep:
    so did i overreact?

ReputationRep:
    Depends how badly he was making fun of you, but I'd say no you weren't overreacting. It's bound to be a sore spot for anyone. He sounds kind of tactless.

This thread is kind of pointless by the way.

ReputationRep:
    why is it pointless?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voltex)
    why is it pointless?
    Because it's such a arbitrary and irrelevant question, the outcome of which means absolutely nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truce)
    Because it's such a arbitrary and irrelevant question, the outcome of which means absolutely nothing.
    Oh no he di'ent. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't think you overreacted its not nice to be teased when you're pissed off about something. You probably expected some form of sympathy I spose, especially if it was a mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truce)
    Surely that's true of many TSR threads?

You weren't overreacting. He was being tactless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    Surely that's true of many TSR threads?
    I was in a bad mood ;o

ReputationRep:
    so generally do ppl think that someone failings exams is not something to laugh at?

ReputationRep:
    so generally do ppl think that someone failings exams is not something to laugh at?
    unless you had severe mitigating circumstances then id laugh because frankly ive no idea how anyone fails exams.

ReputationRep:
    No it was out of order for him to do that. Maybe don't fail again and do some work instead??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    unless you had severe mitigating circumstances then id laugh because frankly ive no idea how anyone fails exams.
    Depending on the course, of course :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    No, I don't think you overreacted its not nice to be teased when you're pissed off about something. You probably expected some form of sympathy I spose, especially if it was a mate.
    Oh my gosh

(OP VERY SORRY TO GO OFF TOPIC)

You go to sheffield they said that they would make me an offer if I go to the open day is it nice there....

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you over reacted to get angry as your 'friend' was tactless. But it also depends on a) why you failed - it's a different story if you were hungover or if a family member died or if you just struggled with the work and b) how you showed your anger - did you shout, get in a strop, throw a punch, stab him repeatedly? etc.

Also, good luck for the re-takes. Study hard!

ReputationRep:
    i got into a bit of a strop but surely that was understandble?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    Depending on the course, of course :yep:
    well whatever course you're doing they let you in because you're capable of doing it. you just need to do some work and then out and out failure should be impossible.

ReputationRep:
    Depends really me and my mates would joke about this sort of thing. I'm only in sixth form but a few of my mates failed/didnt do too great but we have a laugh about it. That's just what were like though. I'd have thought your friend would have known you well enough to predict you would get upset about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    well whatever course you're doing they let you in because you're capable of doing it.
    You'd be suprised with some unis! :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.