Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being offended about exams Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voltex)
    so generally do ppl think that someone failings exams is not something to laugh at?
    hahahaha

unlucky on failing your exams noob

hahahaha

:shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe your friend thought you should have actually done some work?

(obv not if you have mitigating circumstances)

Never the less, it was a bit tactless of him/her but don't let it bother you & study.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    No offence, but get over it. You failed it- take the consequences.

I failed part of my first year- a major module- and I was nearly kicked out, too (although I had certain mitigating factors). My boyfriend and mates take the piss a bit but you've just gotta let it go and get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    If you can't figure that out for yourself then small wonder you failed, really.
    Seconded.

OP, Profesh has an enviable habit of hitting the nail on the head: maybe university just isn't for you.

I don't wish to offend you, but if you can't figure this out then you're so socially inept that you might as well give up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathematica)
    Oh my gosh

(OP VERY SORRY TO GO OFF TOPIC)

You go to sheffield they said that they would make me an offer if I go to the open day is it nice there....
    Yeah its wonderful here, I absolutely am loving every moment of the whole experience. You should definately come and visit as I doubt you'd be left very dissapointed.
    If you have any questions etc just PM me

ReputationRep:
    so did i overreact?
    Depends on how you expressed your anger. Anger is not a bad emotion, how you react to it is.

If you said this is making me angry please stop then, no you didn't overeact. If you stabbed him in the head whilst listing his failings in life then yes you did overeact.

(Original post by Truce)
    Because it's such a arbitrary and irrelevant question, the outcome of which means absolutely nothing.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    well whatever course you're doing they let you in because you're capable of doing it. you just need to do some work and then out and out failure should be impossible.
    On the contrary, many universities let students in because they will pay them over £3,000 a year in tuition fees and potentially the same in accommodation fees. Oxford is not one of them, but Oxford Brookes is. When universities make offers of EE(not saying that OB does), to say the offer is based on the prospective students ability is laughable.

ReputationRep:
    i was also quite drunk, so hopefully it will be forgetten about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deadmau5)
    On the contrary, many universities let students in because they will pay them over £3,000 a year in tuition fees and potentially the same in accommodation fees. Oxford is not one of them, but Oxford Brookes is. When universities make offers of EE(not saying that OB does), to say the offer is based on the prospective students ability is laughable.
    unis tend not to like people failing though because it makes them look bad and £3k a year is not going to change that.

ReputationRep:
    i was also quite drunk, so hopefully it will be forgetten about.
    you're so cool. was it a 4 pack of light beer? you nutter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    unis tend not to like people failing though because it makes them look bad and £3k a year is not going to change that.
    Not when those unis are at the bottom of the league tables anyway and they are universally regarded as crap.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.