The Student Room Group

Latin A-level

I just started Latin A-level this year and I'm having trouble with my translation and analysis of the set texts -- I've had soo many covers and I'm having to teach it all myself (since I'm the only person in my year that takes Latin.)

I've found translations online (on quizlets etc) but I can't seem to find anything for analysis -- does anyone have any tips on how to solve this, or how to find better resources?

Thank you!
oh yeah you should check out Bloomsbury Latin commentaries: https://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/series/latin-texts/
use z-library if you want them for free
also the Cambridge Green and Yellow series (really good introductions - super informative) on latin texts. the commentary section of the books (with the literary analysis notes) is really detailed and more undergraduate level than a level. Also on z-library if u don't want to pay lol
good luck!
Original post by RedVelvet16
I just started Latin A-level this year and I'm having trouble with my translation and analysis of the set texts -- I've had soo many covers and I'm having to teach it all myself (since I'm the only person in my year that takes Latin.)

I've found translations online (on quizlets etc) but I can't seem to find anything for analysis -- does anyone have any tips on how to solve this, or how to find better resources?

Thank you!

what texts are you doing btw?
Original post by hapaxlegomena
oh yeah you should check out Bloomsbury Latin commentaries: https://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/series/latin-texts/
use z-library if you want them for free
also the Cambridge Green and Yellow series (really good introductions - super informative) on latin texts. the commentary section of the books (with the literary analysis notes) is really detailed and more undergraduate level than a level. Also on z-library if u don't want to pay lol
good luck!

what texts are you doing btw?

thank youuuu that's rlly useful xx

I'm doing Tacitus, Catullus, and Ovid this year!
Original post by RedVelvet16
thank youuuu that's rlly useful xx

I'm doing Tacitus, Catullus, and Ovid this year!

np
sounds fun - i didn't do any of those but there'll be tons of commentaries out there
np
sounds fun - i didn't do any of those but there'll be tons of commentaries out there

hopefully! thankssss

Quick Reply

Latest