Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, my stepdad and me are going out later on, for a quick driving lesson. He has insurance, I don't. (Because I don't have a car yet). I have a feeling this is not allowed.

We are going to a place where there isn't any roads. It's a trading estate, and it's shut on a weekend.

Have your parents ever done this? What could be the consequences? :o:

ReputationRep:
    bumped

ReputationRep:
    hmm you're bristol yeah, where are you going? (so i can throw rocks at you...)

In all seriousness..i THINK, you'll be ok, but im sure some wise person on here will correct me.

ReputationRep:
    If you're on private land then you're fine (unless you get done for trespassing though xD), just don't drive on main roads.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure its private land, its a trading estate that cars can go down, but its like a cul de sac, and i will be going to the bottom of it. I have no intention of driving on the road, my stepdad will do that. When we get to the end, then i will do a little bit of driving.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I drove on private land although I had my own insurance, but it shouldn't matter!

ReputationRep:
    All depends on whether or not you're going to be on private land. If you're not then you're breaking the law.

ReputationRep:
    This is the area - ish

On a weekend, there is no one there...

Also, even if my Stepdad has insurance for his car and tax...and everything, can I drive it, with him in the car? I don't want to go on the road, just in this area.

ReputationRep:
    Technically, your breaking the law. If it's a public road, which it looks like it is, then it's not allowed. However, your 99.9% not going to get caught and it's a sort of sensible thing to do really - I went out with me Dad before I turned 17 and did all the clutch control before my birthday, so once I did turn 17 I didn't need the "this is the clutch" lesson. Overall I had 16 lessons and passed 1st time - I feel this had something to do with that

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.