Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, my stepdad and me are going out later on, for a quick driving lesson. He has insurance, I don't. (Because I don't have a car yet). I have a feeling this is not allowed.

We are going to a place where there isn't any roads. It's a trading estate, and it's shut on a weekend.

Have your parents ever done this? What could be the consequences? :o:

ReputationRep:
    bumped

ReputationRep:
    hmm you're bristol yeah, where are you going? (so i can throw rocks at you...)

In all seriousness..i THINK, you'll be ok, but im sure some wise person on here will correct me.

ReputationRep:
    If you're on private land then you're fine (unless you get done for trespassing though xD), just don't drive on main roads.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure its private land, its a trading estate that cars can go down, but its like a cul de sac, and i will be going to the bottom of it. I have no intention of driving on the road, my stepdad will do that. When we get to the end, then i will do a little bit of driving.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I drove on private land although I had my own insurance, but it shouldn't matter!

ReputationRep:
    All depends on whether or not you're going to be on private land. If you're not then you're breaking the law.

ReputationRep:
    This is the area - ish

On a weekend, there is no one there...

Also, even if my Stepdad has insurance for his car and tax...and everything, can I drive it, with him in the car? I don't want to go on the road, just in this area.

ReputationRep:
    Technically, your breaking the law. If it's a public road, which it looks like it is, then it's not allowed. However, your 99.9% not going to get caught and it's a sort of sensible thing to do really - I went out with me Dad before I turned 17 and did all the clutch control before my birthday, so once I did turn 17 I didn't need the "this is the clutch" lesson. Overall I had 16 lessons and passed 1st time - I feel this had something to do with that

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.