Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have another idea, but really don't want to say. It needs a lot of capital though.

ReputationRep:
    entrepreneur?
    As long as you know how to control others, you are a good entrepreneur.
    I've got no interest in doing so, i prefer technilogy rather than controlling others or making money from the trade or stock market.

ReputationRep:
    I've no intention of becoming an entrepreneur but I often read about them and successful businessmen as I think alot of their advice can be applied to everyday life too. Moreover, their stories help to keep me inspired and motivated. I recently read 'How I made it: 40 successful entrepreneurs reveal all' by Rachel Bridge and it was a fascinating book, with plenty of good advice. I would definitely recommend it.

I've also read 'Screw it-let's do it: lessons in life' by Richard Branson, you can get it for about 3 quid from Amazon. It's one of the most inspiring books that I've read and it only takes about an hour to read. Again, there is alot of sound advice in it, and he explains how he started up some of his business ventures. The story behind Virgin Airlines is particularly interesting.

Having said that, if I ever spot a gap in the market, I'll be tempted to fill it. These ideas just never seem to come to me though. Perhaps the more I read, and the more I educate myself, the more chance I'll have of spotting that opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben_lines)
    If anyone has any ideas or tips about how to set up a website pm me.
    Don't PM, post here for everyone to see!

Great thread btw.

ReputationRep:
    I have quite a few ideas but obviously need capital. Another thing holding me back is that I want to be a michelin starred chef (maybe on tv as well) and that takes a lot of time. So its going to be tricky to set up my own business' and run them as well (maybe thats what a PA is for :p:)
    Anyway I don't wont to go into great detail but here are some ideas.

Something involving:

• Helicopters
    • Supermarkets
    • Diamond mines
    • Property

Obviously not all the in the same business :p:

Anyone else have any ideas that they can roughly share with us. Literally be as vague as me if thats all you can say:yep:

This is my most successful thread :woo:

ReputationRep:
    the fact that you want to 'become an entrepreneur' kinda defies the logic of entrepreneurship...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz313)
    the fact that you want to 'become an entrepreneur' kinda defies the logic of entrepreneurship...
    Ok, I am an entrepreneur just havn't managed to get my ideas off the ground yet. Is that better?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I am an entrepreneur just havn't managed to get my ideas off the ground yet. Is that better?
    yes sir =] after all, we are all technichally entrapreneaurs in the form that we take risks everyday in our lifes. some are just more successful at the financial side of this risk taking

edit: you've also got to bear in mind that Branson wasnt a "rags to riches" story.. he had wealthy parents and had a gd foundation/safety barrier to allow the risks he made. finding a 'niche' in the market and doing your best to capitalise the opportunity is what gives u the bigger chance

good luck with all your projects and i hope you make it big one day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz313)
    yes sir =] after all, we are all technichally entrapreneaurs in the form that we take risks everyday in our lifes. some are just more successful at the financial side of this risk taking

edit: you've also got to bear in mind that Branson wasnt a "rags to riches" story.. he had wealthy parents and had a gd foundation/safety barrier to allow the risks he made. finding a 'niche' in the market and doing your best to capitalise the opportunity is what gives u the bigger chance

good luck with all your projects and i hope you make it big one day
    Thanks man,

Totally agree that all of us are entrepreneurs in life!:yep: Top advice!

ReputationRep:
    I have yet to find a niche product so far. All my ideas so far have come from finding innovative ways to make production of products cheaper and faster. This then allows me to sell at a lower price than competitors.

One idea I have is portable nucleur generators. Smaller even than the newest generators available. I just had an even better idea for it. Unfortunately this use is not something I can share. And the investment required will be immense. I will need to wait until I'm out of uni before it unfortunately. Unless someone has a spare 20 million lying around that they want to invest?

ReputationRep:
    Lol "entrepreneur" is just a glorified term. There are various and quite simple ways to make some nice $$$.

ReputationRep:
    How many people here believe that being an entrepreneur can make them mega-successful, On par with Richard Branson?

A side topic - how many people on here are entrepreneurs and what are you doing atm?

Discuss
    I'm thinking of entering business, but i have to put it on hold with this recession thing. Since there would be lesser demand for goods and services, I see little point doing it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    I'm thinking of entering business, but i have to put it on hold with this recession thing. Since there would be lesser demand for goods and services, I see little point doing it now.
    Cheaper to set up the business

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Recession = Cheap start up

Plus, if you can start a business that'll do something that'll allow other businesses to cut costs, then you could do great in such times.

ReputationRep:
    I watched an interview with the top guy from Google UK and he said some very interesting stuff about starting an online business during this 'low demand' period.

To summarise what he said, now is the best time to start up because start up costs are so cheap - as Mituozo said too.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.