Thirsty but not diabetic Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Last week I started to feel really thirsty all of the time. I wasn't entirely sure what was causing it so went to the doctors and they ran tests for diabetes, which were negative but I still feel horribly thirsty all the time. Any ideas?
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are you drinking enough?
Are you eating salty or MSG'ed food?
Is that the only symptom?
Anonymous #1
I've been drinking lots, far more than I normally would. I don't tend to eat a lot of salty food and apart from going to the toilet more it is the only symptom.
llys
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you wake up at night because you have to go to the toilet?
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
Ive been the same for the past 2 weeks, so has my friend.
It's weird that we both have this but we haven't been to the doctors for tests, I would like to know whats causing it aswell!
Anonymous #1
No I never wake up. I go straight away in the morning. It's really weird, I thought maybe it was to do with sleeping with the radiator on at night so I turned it off but it made no difference.
X7502
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I've been having this as well, thirsty like in the back of my throat. It seems to be worst in the mornings and have no idea what it is. My family has no history of diabetes or anything so I doubt it's that serious but I have no idea what it is. It seems to go with a strepsil though lol so maybe it's just a throat infection.
jcb914
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I found then when I started drinking more it, in turn, made me more thirsty. It's weird.

(Original post by X7502)
I've been having this as well, thirsty like in the back of my throat. It seems to be worst in the mornings
AFAIK, that suggests you snore during the night.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by llys)
Do you wake up at night because you have to go to the toilet?
I do. But what does that mean?
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Nothing on it's own.
Anonymous #1
Feel slightly better I'm not the only one but I am still puzzled...
llys
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Oh no idea. I just asked because I do as well, and I also have this "thirsty" phenotype sometimes for a few weeks, then not, then again. So I really was just curious if the OP had the same.
Bjpchilds
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Last week I started to feel really thirsty all of the time. I wasn't entirely sure what was causing it so went to the doctors and they ran tests for diabetes, which were negative but I still feel horribly thirsty all the time. Any ideas?
I've had this for a few years, as well as needing the toilet more than average, and they still haven't found out what's wrong with me. I just kind of get on with it now.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (186)
18.88%
No (594)
60.3%
Not really bothered about them (205)
20.81%

Watched Threads