This discussion is closed.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Ok, so I will need to get some new hair straightners before university (because my sister won't let me take the ones we already have) anyway, so I figured I might as well get them soon while I actually have some money.

I have GHD's at the moment and they are great, but it would be nice to be able to straighten my hair when it's wet. Does anyone have any Wet2Straight ones? Are they any good?

Opinions needed!
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There's no option for 'neither'
dazednconfused
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ghds all the way! wet2straight are gimmicky. actually, i'd recommend HS over GHD, cheaper and every bit as good
~Sam~
Rep:
?
(Original post by No Future)
There's no option for 'neither'
How do I edit the poll?
frost105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wetstraight arent any good and because they apply direct heat to your hair for longer periods of time they will cause more damage to your hair. Stick with the ghds.
justcallmefoxxy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
actually, i'd recommend HS over GHD, cheaper and every bit as good

Loves it
~Sam~
Rep:
?
(Original post by justcallmefoxxy)
Loves it
Lol, you love what?
justcallmefoxxy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Quoting in the quick reply messed on me hahaha
Fixed it!
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the wet2straight ones are GOD.
justcallmefoxxy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Really? I've always thought they looked a bit sketchy, I mean it can't be good putting all that heat on your hair when its still wet?
~Sam~
Rep:
?
What does HS stand for?
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My hairdresser says that W2S are absolutely rubbish - go for GHD.
~Raphael~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Highly Sexed :eek:
justcallmefoxxy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
What does HS stand for?
I'm guessing this. Apparently theyre really similar to GHD's, my boyfriend got me a pair for Christmas and I LOVE them.. but then again, I've never tried GHD's.
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by justcallmefoxxy)
Really? I've always thought they looked a bit sketchy, I mean it can't be good putting all that heat on your hair when its still wet?
Hair straightners aren't good for anyone's hair anyway, the way I look at it, you're killing two birds with one stone. Instead of damaging your hair separately through a blow drier and a hair straightner, you're doing it at once :P
Peppi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I got CHS straighteners they are like exactly the same as GHDs rly :s
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In all honestly, you can't beat GHD's. There is no real alternative on the market at the moment, they have been proven to be the best hair straighteners. You can't make your hair straight when it's wet, which proves that 'wet to straight' is simply a gimmick! :p:
GHD's heat up in literally 20 seconds, and you hardly even need to go over your hair twice. (Not that I have used them )
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
In all honestly, you can't beat GHD's. There is no real alternative on the market at the moment, they have been proven to be the best hair straighteners. You can't make your hair straight when it's wet, which proves that 'wet to straight' is simply a gimmick! :p:
GHD's heat up in literally 20 seconds, and you hardly even need to go over your hair twice. (Not that I have used them )
lol

i have great difficulty straightening my 1cm long hair...
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
lol

i have great difficulty straightening my 1cm long hair...
hehehe :p:
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My hairdresser said that W2S ones are rubbish, so stick with the GHDs. The W2S ones you can't use on dry hair, so = rubbish!

Although, saying that - I've got some Nicky Clarke ones that I got in Boots with my advantage points and they're really good and so much cheaper
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.95%
No (181)
76.05%

Watched Threads