The Student Room Group

help with a level history revision

I struggle when revising for level history when I make notes I end up not writing them word for word but close enough.With the text books being pretty large this can make it hard to revise. the text books are the only resource I have to study apart from printed off power points which my teachers gives us but they are all muddle up ( I am sorting them). If anyone has any advice on how to make history notes or any resources on British history 1851 to 1964 challenge and transformation and Cold War aqa I would deeply appreciate .
Reply 1
Hi, I don’t have the same exam board no topics as you but this is how I revise.

Firstly ask and look for many practice questions, check the textbooks as they usually have some at the end of each chapter. Do these as revision and get your teacher to mark them and obviously ask where you need to improve.

Another thing is condensing onto one sheet, for my revision of tudors I flicked through and identified the main themes of Edward/Mary/Elizabeth’s reign and I made sheets on those with important details also.

Also make timelines, make them or print them out- I did both. Watch YouTube videos for anything interesting you might be able to use.

You can also make tables of different themes, again for me I would have the monarchs Edward Mary Elizabeth on the left and the titles of economy religion politics etc and then make that as a comparison sheet.

Anyways I hope this helps, maybe ask your teachers too for any revision techniques as sometimes they may have helpful information.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey if you have pending assignments this week or today you can contact me for help ,,,, I will help clear your schedule at an affordable and negotiable fee according to your student budget DM +1(902)517-0425
We are always available for you
Original post by flint121
I struggle when revising for level history when I make notes I end up not writing them word for word but close enough.With the text books being pretty large this can make it hard to revise. the text books are the only resource I have to study apart from printed off power points which my teachers gives us but they are all muddle up ( I am sorting them). If anyone has any advice on how to make history notes or any resources on British history 1851 to 1964 challenge and transformation and Cold War aqa I would deeply appreciate .

Hi,
History can definitely be a challenging one to revise for and initially I also struggled with writing out notes nearly word for word too. Whilst I didn't do those topics I did do AQA A Level history so may be able to offer some guidance.
Firstly, CGP guides are great for nailing the basics and adding a bit of detail in a concise way, similarly the pre made flashcards can be really useful too.
Documentaries can also add a bit of variety into your study and give the perspectives of different historians too, you can usually find them on YouTube or some can be found in libraries.
Another way I revised was through planning essays as this made focus my knowledge on the question rather than just everything I know to see how much I could write in an essay with long notes.
There are also websites such has Seneca Learning that offer helpful quizzes with a level of detail.

Hope this helps,

Eleanor
-Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest