Not used to drinking any alcohol apart from beer. HELP! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Please don't de-anon, I have friends on here :yep:

I started uni this October, and I'm kind of new to the whole drinking thing... so I've been sticking to beer - usually 2 to 3 pints.
If it helps, I'm a girl and I weigh 115lbs.
What I need to know is what this translates to in spirits, i.e. how many shots, cocktails, etc. And I want to start on vodka, but I don't know how much I can take! Please help :o:
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I should mention that after said 2-3 pints, I find it harder to walk straight, and I'm pretty sure I'm a bit more aggressive to (hence I want to make the switch to another tipple).
alenax
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just drink vodka and coke until you feel tipsy. I'd recommend having 2 or 3, and drinking fairly slowly so that you have more time to realise how much of an effect the alcohol has had on you.
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Generally speaking, one shot or spirit or one small glass of wine is worth half a pint of alcohol. However, remember that spirits usually go down much faster than beer. Cocktails are, generally speaking, any amount of alcohol from 2 - 6 units in a glass, just read the menu and watch it being poured.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (192)
27.79%
No (499)
72.21%

Watched Threads