Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A friend and I would like to live together, but work in rather different places in London (me in Chiswick, he in Canary Wharf). I'm trying to figure out a decent compromise for the both of us in terms of the commute.

Although we can afford a bit, don't really want to be paying monsterous amounts of money for rent. So far I've come up with Clapham (Clapham Junction for Chiswick, then Northern/Jubilee line for Canary Wharf) which works out at around 30 minutes for both.

Just wondered, can you think of any alternatives?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Whereabout is chiswick? I don't think u'll be able to get anything decent for a small price ;p but yh, u should check somewhere where there's a good tube connection or a bus station

ReputationRep:
    Woah, working on opposite sides of London. The Putney/Parsons Green area would do you nicely, works out a bit better you I think, but he can take the District and I think can change at some point to Canary Wharf.

How about Zone 1? If you can afford it.

ReputationRep:
    But district line is so slow ;p

ReputationRep:
    They really are on the opposites sides!
    Get a map, point out the midpoints and have a search on right move or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    They really are on the opposites sides!
    Get a map, point out the midpoints and have a search on right move or something
    Problem being the midpoints contain some of the most expensive real estate in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilkySmooth)
    Problem being the midpoints contain some of the most expensive real estate in the UK.
    Yup I just checked. You're looking at Central London to be equal- which isn't cheap.

ReputationRep:
    :yep:

But flat sharing works out a lot better, if you're up for that. Well actually the OP stated they can afford a bit, if you hunt around, especially in the current market, you could find somewhere quite good.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.