Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.
    Can someone please recommend a good shaver which I can buy for a clean-shave, which does not cause skin problems etc...
    My budget is £70.
    Please link. It'll be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramadulla)
    Hey guys.
    Can someone please recommend a good shaver which I can buy for a clean-shave, which does not cause skin problems etc...
    My budget is £70.
    Please link. It'll be appreciated.
    As in... a razor? Get any Gillette or Wilkinson's and you'll be fine, plus some shaving cream or gel. If you do that you shouldn't have skin problems, tho get some aftershave to make sure your pores finish up fine :rolleyes:
    Total cost: £10 maybe?

ReputationRep:
    You'll be looking at electric shavers then i guess. Is sensitive skin the reason you're not going for blades?

ReputationRep:
    Is telling us you're 15 essential?

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you use a razor?

ReputationRep:
    erm.. Gillette Mach 3 - Like 8 quid. + Gillette Shaving gel - like 1.50

Sorted.

Electric shavers cause more of a problem if you have sensitive skin.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to go expensive to get good Rammi, and to stop irritation get some nivea shaving gel, it's fun too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lampshade)
    erm.. Gillette Mach 3 - Like 8 quid. + Gillette Shaving gel - like 1.50

Sorted.

Electric shavers cause more of a problem if you have sensitive skin.
    :ditto:

I'd advocate the use of a good quality cartridge-type razor used with some shaving cream applied with a brush and/or shaving oil. It's really good for sensitive skin and both of them will go a long way.

ReputationRep:
    70?

I just use mega cheap Gillette disposable razors.

70 quid bloody hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamin)
    You'll be looking at electric shavers then i guess. Is sensitive skin the reason you're not going for blades?
    Yes, sensitive skin. Electric shaver would be good, since I'm new to all this shaving jazz. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just grow a beard.

ReputationRep:
    for 70 quid - I will give you a good shave -

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramadulla)
    Yes, sensitive skin. Electric shaver would be good, since I'm new to all this shaving jazz. :p:
    In which case I'm guessing you don't need to shave too often or too large and area? This is the best time to get used to using a razor. Save the electrics form when you lead a much busier lifestyle and err, have to shave more.

ReputationRep:
    It's easy to spend that money on wet shaving if you want a really comfortable shave. I fear your hairs won't be very tough yet though. Just get a Mach3.

Or start growing a beard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gumbald)
    Just grow a beard.
    Eww. No way...

ReputationRep:
    at 15 i doubt you will have much more than a tash :P razor will do fine. just remember, razors goes in straight line down, not side to side...that would be bad....

Its actually quite hard to cut yourself shaving unless you aren't paying attention to what you're doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    In which case I'm guessing you don't need to shave too often or too large and area? This is the best time to get used to using a razor. Save the electrics form when you lead a much busier lifestyle and err, have to shave more.
    Well, I wax my face as my mum told me to. I now do it more than once a week and it hurts like hell; hence why I'm converting to shaving.

I'm quite busy and I would spend quite a lot of money to have an easy life.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest you'll find that as you get older and your hair gets thicker you need a blade opposed to an electric shaver. it seems like a waste of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamin)
    at 15 i doubt you will have much more than a tash :P razor will do fine. just remember, razors goes in straight line down, not side to side...that would be bad....

Its actually quite hard to cut yourself shaving unless you aren't paying attention to what you're doing.
    No, I have a lot of side hairs all over the place, also a 'tash' which grows back every 2 days or so... :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Wax?! Easy life? Just get a Mach3, it'll take you all of 3 minutes at 15.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.