Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I ended up working hard and getting a C in maths GCSE

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm really worried about my Maths GCSE. I think the plan is for my group to take the higher tier and I really, really want my B but I doubt that'll happen. I'm virtually failing maths right now so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoJessicaAnn)
    Yeah, I'm really worried about my Maths GCSE. I think the plan is for my group to take the higher tier and I really, really want my B but I doubt that'll happen. I'm virtually failing maths right now so
    The grade boundaries are so low don't worry about it.

If anyone needs any help with a specific topic feel free to pm me

ReputationRep:
    I ended up working hard and getting a C in maths GCSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krussel)
    Well erm you can help by explaining if my situation is bad and what like percentage overall I will need in foundation to get a C
    I really wouldn't worry as long as you get a C your safe.
    A lot - 80%! Ever thought of doing higher? May sound scary but 40% is C/D questions and you only needs 25% odd to get a C!

ReputationRep:
    practice alot of questions thats the best way in maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilangel890)
    The grade boundaries are so low don't worry about it.

If anyone needs any help with a specific topic feel free to pm me
    I'm wanting to re take my GCSE paper. I took it early in year 10 when intermediate paper was offered and i got a C
    They only offer foundation and higher now, if i scraped a C in intermediate do you think i could get an A on higher if i take it in year 12, having not done maths for over a year really :\ I need it for uni though, a B at least!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    I'm wanting to re take my GCSE paper. I took it early in year 10 when intermediate paper was offered and i got a C
    They only offer foundation and higher now, if i scraped a C in intermediate do you think i could get an A on higher if i take it in year 12, having not done maths for over a year really :\ I need it for uni though, a B at least!
    Yes. However you'll have to work hard. If you talk to the maths dept I'm sure they'll help too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i took handling data GCSE higher paper a couple of days ago, and i revised loads tbh and i still struggled all the was through, there was like 5 whole pages of questions i thought was extremly difficult. Its certain i failed in it as when i did my mock i thought that was easier than the real thing and i only got a grade D in that. hating exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo0kerry0oo)
    Yeah i took handling data GCSE higher paper a couple of days ago, and i revised loads tbh and i still struggled all the was through, there was like 5 whole pages of questions i thought was extremly difficult. Its certain i failed in it as when i did my mock i thought that was easier than the real thing and i only got a grade D in that. hating exams.
    Don't worry about it too much until you get your results in January. You may find you did a lot better than you expect you have so when it comes to receiving the results sort things out then. If you did worst than you hoped then you can resit it or just make sure you work extra hard for the next one or if you do like you hope than that's great

There's no point in beating yourself up about it until you receive your results and try not to discuss the exam with your friends, it'll only make you worry more.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. i'm worried. I'm in yr 10 and i took the higher paper. I think i gt a B in it because of the questions. The mean question was easy about films but i found the bird one on seciton A Q4 hard. There was a question on four point moving averages but i didn't understand any of it. I done the formula to it but anaylsing the graph on it was the hardest thing yet. If i get a B i'll take a re-sit because i don't like that sort of grade...

ReputationRep:
    im in year 11 , last year resat module 1 got 5 marks off a B
    then failed module 3 resat last friday and im dreading it.
    i think once you fail one, it gets to you and you concentrate more on that resit than anything else.
    module 5 will be easier, when your in a class with 80% dossers it does'nt help. its not the end of the world, im sure you can get that C. I hope i do anyway. as long as all the other subjects are going ok dont worry. you can always resit, my teacher resat at 21 and i know another teacher who resat it 4 times.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry (: Maths is basically just making sure you know all the formulas they like to scare you with and even then they'll probably give them to you in the question anyway! For me it's them bloody circle theorems I have to learn x] If you learn some stuff by heart, lots of other things will become clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hydrabow333)
    Yeah. i'm worried. I'm in yr 10 and i took the higher paper. I think i gt a B in it because of the questions. The mean question was easy about films but i found the bird one on seciton A Q4 hard. There was a question on four point moving averages but i didn't understand any of it. I done the formula to it but anaylsing the graph on it was the hardest thing yet. If i get a B i'll take a re-sit because i don't like that sort of grade...
    I'm a week late quoting but don't you get the feeling the entire layout of the exam changed? It was unexpected. I know an A* is out of the window, unless the grade boundaries drop enormously, which I'm hoping they do! This is assuming you sat the Edexcel papers...

ReputationRep:
    Why not do the higher paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h_a_f_s_a)
    I'm a week late quoting but don't you get the feeling the entire layout of the exam changed? It was unexpected. I know an A* is out of the window, unless the grade boundaries drop enormously, which I'm hoping they do! This is assuming you sat the Edexcel papers...
    Yeah. i sat the edexcel higher paper. My module result is this Thursday 14th, for me because my maths teacher is an examiner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hydrabow333)
    Yeah. i sat the edexcel higher paper. My module result is this Thursday 14th, for me because my maths teacher is an examiner.
    Do you know when everybody else gets their results?

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel about Maths, I'm in year 11 and I flopped my maths mock. My mum's getting me a tutor, because quite a few people in my class also flopped or got waaay under their TMG (Target Minimum Grade) If your school uses MyMaths, I'd use that. Also, the CGP revision guides are really good.

The only thing I can really advise you to do is revise the parts of maths you're weak with. ( For me, that's a lot >_> )

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! I did Maths GCSE one year early- higher paper and got an A...I was actually expecting to get an A* at least so that came as a bit of a shock, but overall its pretty simple. Just know your stuff and USE THE FRONT PAGE! It has lots of useful formulas

Pm me if you need anymore info/help! I'll be happy to give a hand :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    dont worry to much... its not that bad revise a bit and answer lots of questions

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.