Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm on an exchange and I'm reallt homesick.
    I've done exchanges before and I've never felt like this before.
    Also, I've only been here 3 days, which is even worse!!
    Please help!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misteryom)
    Well I'm on an exchange and I'm reallt homesick.
    I've done exchanges before and I've never felt like this before.
    Also, I've only been here 3 days, which is even worse!!
    Please help!
    xx
    why dont you just make some french friends and hang around with them??
    id kill to be where you are!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry you're feeling so homesick. It's not a nice feeling, I know.
    Is there something very different about being away from home this time? You said you've been on exchanges before and felt fine.

Maybe you need to just try and keep yourself busy, go out and try and meet new people. That's the only thing that really helps me when I feel like that, just trying to keep busy.

I hope you feel better soon.

ReputationRep:
    Try to avoid thinking about home, and focus on what you can do while you're in France. Make an effort to meet new people (I know it can be hard) and generally go out and have fun - then before you know it you'll have forgotten about home altogether!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice! I have a feeling it could be a lack of seeing people I know and am familiar with (I haven't seen anyone from our school group since friday) and I just feel like I have noone to talk to, who can fully understand me.
    I'll try and think less about home, fortunately I'm staying with some really nice people!

ReputationRep:
    Could you get in contact with some of the other people from your school? Maybe meet up? They may be feeling the same way.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, My phone doesn't work here and we're all spread out over about 30 miles radius from the town (me being nearly one of the furthest) I think I'll just hve to try and survive I get to see them tomorroz.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.