Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, the other day somebody suggested I try out for Durham Review or something along those lines (apparently a stand-up comedy thing) next time there are auditions. I was wondering if anybody knew of a website or anything where I can find more information about it? I can't find anything on the DSU site.

Cheers

Mr Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Ben)
    Hey, the other day somebody suggested I try out for Durham Review or something along those lines (apparently a stand-up comedy thing) next time there are auditions. I was wondering if anybody knew of a website or anything where I can find more information about it? I can't find anything on the DSU site.

Cheers

Mr Ben
    http://www.durhamrevue.com/

They'rwe basically like the Footlights, however I wasn't impressed with their sketches at the DUCK Chaerity Comedy thing last year as they had plagirised about half of them, and the rest weren't funny, so if you do work for them, please make them good!

ReputationRep:
    There's also WitTank. Though I'm sure the auditions must have already happened. Maybe they're happy with whom they've got.

ReputationRep:
    They do annual auditions (I auditioned myself) but they're damn hard to get into as they usually only have a few spaces, if that.

I saw them during freshers' week and thought they were really cracking.

ReputationRep:
    Their producer last year asked me to join, but I had too much on.

I'm pretty ******* hilarious, tbh.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Mr Ben)

Cheers

Mr Ben
    Hey, were you at the durham student ambassador interview last wednesday afternoon? If you were did you get the job? - I did If not sorry but you sound like one of the people who was there, if you did see you at the training whenever it is!

Rob

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob 07)
    Hey, were you at the durham student ambassador interview last wednesday afternoon? If you were did you get the job? - I did If not sorry but you sound like one of the people who was there, if you did see you at the training whenever it is!

Rob
    I saw one of the candidates looking rather hapless and lost right outside the place on my way to lunch or something the other day...

ReputationRep:
    Wittank is amazing. The Durham Revue were poor this year.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, a friend came back from Edinburgh raving about a comedy group, we shortly realised it was WitTank...
    As a result, he is now intending to come to Durham more often.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I saw WitTank in Fresher's week too...they were hilarious!!

ReputationRep:
    WitTank are awesome. I was working at the edinburgh fringe this yr and their show was a firm favourite amongst us overworked volunteers

Edit: an anonymous neg rep for that? Coward.

ReputationRep:
    Last night I saw Naz (the funniest WitTank guy who always shoves a Mexican accent in somewhere) and I was like OMG CELEB. It's so lame. Does anyone else do this?

ReputationRep:
    CoRRRona!

ReputationRep:
    Bit CHES

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.