Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's wrong with the girls in this country (UK)??? Watch

Well I'm an Erasmus student... And I can feel a real cultural clash between my country and the UK when I speak about girls.
    My dad works for my gov in an embassy. Since I'm a kind a have lived in a few countries (Taiwan, USA, Brazil, Germany...). So I know a few stuff about different cultures... In the UK I'm a little bit lost.
    With girls I met in clubs it's so weird. We can kiss us, spend a good time together... but there is no futur... Each time for the girl it was just for the fun. It's like no girls in the UK wanna have a bf. Is this normal or is it me who always end up with the ''sluts''? When I met a girl in a club, when we kiss us... I expect to see her again... Have a drink together... Hang out with her and see how it goes...
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    That's a bit of a racist comment and I take offense. All British girls are not looking for a relationship or anything and just want the fun? Please define your comments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vidachick)
    That's a bit of a racist comment and I take offense. All British girls are not looking for a relationship or anything and just want the fun? Please define your comments.

yay you're back :woo: but I agree, op you're not very clear

ReputationRep:
    I think it's the fact that you meet them in clubs, they just want to have fun. Perhaps you'd be better off looking in other places?

ReputationRep:
    if it's a kiss with no real conversation, which often happens with clubs as we can't hear ourselves over the music, then not great for relationship material.

If you perhaps, get to know a girl, then kiss her and stuff, you're more likely to end up in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you shouldn't pick up the bar sluts and club whores.

ReputationRep:
    clubs aint the best place to pick up a gf

ReputationRep:
    you're probably looking in the wrong place...

ReputationRep:
    You are looking in the wrong place for girls. Guys are exactly the same in clubs. The majority of girls do want a relationship but its mostly guys that just want fun so i dont think you know about UK girls at all.

ReputationRep:
    stop hooking up with girls in clubs?

ReputationRep:
    How can a sincere (albeit naïve) question born of professed uncertainty be 'racist'? Nevermind the hilarity of your requesting that he 'define his comments' when you've so blatantly misconstrued the definition of 'racism' as to render such an exercise futile by default.

At the risk of sounding naïve myself: don't be such a colossal ass.

ReputationRep:
    Oh do shut up, that's beyond ridiculous. Especially coming from a self-confessed lover of attention from guys in clubs (who has a boyfriend). Hypocrisy of the most moronic order.

Edit: Ah, Profesh got there first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    How can a sincere question born of professed uncertainty be 'racist'? At the risking of sounding futile: don't be such a colossal ass.
    the more I read your posts, the more I like them, and I already know you get that a lot

Admittedly I am also curious about 'British Clubbing-Culture'. Never have I been in a place where you go to clubs and make-out without a future in mind. So it's normal for girls to fancy a guy and make out with him for just that night? I keep reading about it here and it kind of blew my mind. Is it because kissing isn't seen as that intimate or that serious? I am not talking about one-night-stands or slutty girls or what have you, just that there is a huge amount of posts that discuss 'oh, I made out with this guy at the club the other day' and I'm curious about it culture-wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    How can a sincere question born of professed uncertainty be 'racist'? At the risking of sounding futile: don't be such a colossal ass.
    I don't know whether you bothered to read the OP' post, but he asked what was wrong with British girls. What would happen if I was to say 'What's wrong with Pakistani guys?'

ReputationRep:
    kissing is ******* huge for me. But most people? It's not the case.

I mean, it depends what kissing is to you. To me it's a form of affection, like holding hands, but, another way of showing affection (that's more likely to lead to sexual actions).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well I'm an Erasmus student... And I can feel a real cultural clash between my country and the UK when I speak about girls.
    My dad works for my gov in an embassy. Since I'm a kind a have lived in a few countries (Taiwan, USA, Brazil, Germany...). So I know a few stuff about different cultures... In the UK I'm a little bit lost.
    With girls I met in clubs it's so weird. We can kiss us, spend a good time together... but there is no futur... Each time for the girl it was just for the fun. It's like no girls in the UK wanna have a bf. Is this normal or is it me who always end up with the ''sluts''? When I met a girl in a club, when we kiss us... I expect to see her again... Have a drink together... Hang out with her and see how it goes...
    Cheers!
    Racist and I also took slight offence. I think you're looking in the wrong place if you want a relationship, clubs aren't the sorts of places you meet a spouse.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether you bothered to read the OP' post, but he asked what was wrong with British girls. What would happen if I was to say 'What's wrong with Pakistani guys?'
    but he also said the reasoning behind that and asked for advice, and sounded a little unsure that he'd made the right assumption. In my mind, he had made a generalisation that I can't deny. Or have you not noticed that many people (not just girls) in clubs end up with plenty of other peoples saliva in their mouths?

with him not getting off with guys by the looks of things, he wouldn't know about guys, with him getting off with girls, he'd have some experience with it.

ReputationRep:
    why don't you go to Pakistan and find out?

OP was not being racist or insulting british girls, he was asking, on a forum full of british girls, why they acted like that.

OP don't look in clubs for girlfriends is my only advice. or get their name and number and a convo going before kissing them. always a good idea if you want it to go further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misteryom)
    Racist and I also took slight offence. I think you're looking in the wrong place if you want a relationship, clubs aren't the sorts of places you meet a spouse.
    racist? sounds like more of a misunderstood culture clash.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.