The Student Room Group

what to talk about in talking stage??

i'm talking to someone, i really like her and talking to her but i feel like i rely on her to start convos bc idk what to say, any tips or ideas on what to talk about that isn't like the traditional "how are you" and "wyd"
Original post by Anonymous
i'm talking to someone, i really like her and talking to her but i feel like i rely on her to start convos bc idk what to say, any tips or ideas on what to talk about that isn't like the traditional "how are you" and "wyd"

take what i say with a grain of salt because i've never been in any talking stages but imma give my take anyway since nobody has replied yet

this sounds basic but if she has any interests and hobbies (whether that be tv shows or just an acitivity she does) ask about it, show an interest in it. people tend to appreciate when someone shows interest within what they do or want to know more about it.

if it's a show you've watched before or something you like too then you can probably just talk about that for a little. sorry if it's not too helpful jus trynna give you a couple things to work with. i'm sure someone else will have some ideas soon.
Reply 2
Are you talking to her face-to-face or on video calls? If not, that's what you should be doing and just having the kind of conversation you'd have with a friend. Messaging gets old very quickly as you can't get across everything you need to, either by volume of text or intonation.
Music, films, TV, books, there's so many things to talk about.

Quick Reply

Latest