Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fitness First customers UNITE Watch

• View Poll Results: How do you rate Fitness First?
    I'd recommend Fitness First to others
    33.33%
    Just another gym...
    22.22%
    Fitness First [Customer Last] sucks!
    27.78%
    Never heard of it. Is it a boarding school?
    16.67%

ReputationRep:
    This thread is for everyone who are a customer or had been one of Fitness First. Share your experiences with this gym. How do you review it?

I've just signed up to a 3 month contract. It seems clean, the staff appear to be friendly, and it's not overcrowded (weekday evenings), and costed just below £50 per month+reduced admin fee+no joining fee. And I got that ugly promotion bag.

Seems to me some people had issues cancelling their membership because they failed to read the terms and conditions BEFORE signing the contract. You either write a letter or schedule a meeting with the manager to fill in the forms, both of which requires his/her signature. This must be done a month before your last month, if it's a 3 month contract.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a member there are have recommended it to two people who have both signed up (although one has left for uni).

It's not bad where I am but it does get crowded ... the car park is way too small and tends to run out of spaces if you don't get there before 5.15 in the week

Free weights section is too small as well, not enough equipment and you have to wait too much.

It's alright over all though. Better than the alternatives imo.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya yeah i did the 3month contract (was there for about 6months). The Gym was pretty good but pricey. The free exercise classes are superb though. Honestly make the most of those babys

The one I went to is pretty well equipped, but £9 for one pay as you go session... are they having a laugh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All at once)
    The one I went to is pretty well equipped, but £9 for one pay as you go session... are they having a laugh?
    Thats the cheapest of any of the big commercial gyms.

Next Gen/David Lloyd is £17
    LA fitness is (I think) £14
    JJB is £10

ReputationRep:
    £17 for a one off visit.

Holy **** thats alot of money.

How can they warrant charging that amount?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meathead1987)

JJB is £10
    Any idea how much a Bannatynes 1-day session costs? I heard they're pretty damn expensive too.

ReputationRep:
    I love it!

x

ReputationRep:
    Love it personally only pay £21/month aswell

(Original post by meathead1987)

JJB is £10
    Man that's crazy. Especially when you consider they're probably charging ~£30 for an entire month. I guess I'm just used to the local crappy council-funded gym haha, where a pay as you go session is around £3. Home gyms ftw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All at once)
    Man that's crazy. Especially when you consider they're probably charging ~£30 for an entire month. I guess I'm just used to the local crappy council-funded gym haha, where a pay as you go session is around £3. Home gyms ftw.
    More like £50 a month for David Lloyds I think.

There's talk of one coming to Exeter but apparently the idea has been off/on for ages. If it had a swimming pools and squash courts and all that I'd probably be interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    £17 for a one off visit.

Holy **** thats alot of money.

How can they warrant charging that amount?
    Because you can use the whole club for the whole day, gym, pool(s) sauna/steam room etc etc. Also, they really just want to sign you up.

ReputationRep:
    My LA Fitness membership costs £19.99 a month as I'm a student and am supposed to only use the gym 9-5 weekdays and weekends. However this is not strictly enforced and is therefore flexible.

I think the gym is pretty good I just need to get myself down there today!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a member and have been for years, it's good and there are very few decent gyms in my town area so FF is the best option for me!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.