Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ooh! Is it like biology A level? Where they just throw stuff at you to learn, and then go read up on if you don't understand?

Or is it more like maths or chemistry where you need to do a lot of practice on stuff?

I was wondering if the lecturers ever stay behind to help on anything. I would definitely stay behind if the lecturer did. I'd need all the help I could get from the sounds of it!

Muni.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Here at St. George's the workload is pretty intense compared to A-levels but the content isn't much more conceptually challenging just yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I hated my A levels. Found them harder than medicine. But then thats just me.

also the case for me. maybe its because I dont need to learn a pile of plant bioogy anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Hi i hvae just started undergrad medicine at birmingham, it is a very hard course but it is great! There is no comparison to A-level. It is much harder but what you learn you want to know so it makes you work. for me it is like doing 7 A-levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rasmusrok1)
    Hi i hvae just started undergrad medicine at birmingham, it is a very hard course but it is great! There is no comparison to A-level. It is much harder but what you learn you want to know so it makes you work. for me it is like doing 7 A-levels
    Oh christ!! I think i might reconsider doing medicine in that case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenixx)
    Oh christ!! I think i might reconsider doing medicine in that case.
    relax, its nothing like A levels.

Its more work, but much less useless, and therefore much more fun.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.