The Student Room Group

What can I do now?

What should I be doing now, at this point in year 12- aiming for history at Cambridge , interested in Weimar Germany (part of spec) and us civil war (epq) and modern American presidential history
Use your spare time to read beyond the A level syllabus. Keep some notes of what you have read so you can refer to this when writing your personal statement in Yr 13.
Original post by Crystalcreps
What should I be doing now, at this point in year 12- aiming for history at Cambridge , interested in Weimar Germany (part of spec) and us civil war (epq) and modern American presidential history

Hiya there,

It's great to see that you're keen in year 12 :h:. So I recommend doing further reading - really exploring what you find interesting in your course and reading articles, books etc about those topics. Form your own opinion on everything that you explore, and write down some notes as you go along so that you don't forget things! In the interview you'll be tested your ability on how you can think critically and form arguments - so I recommend having discussions on those topics you're interested in with your family, friends and even teachers! Another note - I also recommend telling your History teacher that you're keen on applying for Cambridge. They'll guide you in the right direction and let you know of the best texts for further reading :wink:.

Marimo
Oxbridge Mind
Original post by Crystalcreps

Note that OxbridgeMind has nothing to do with the Universities of either Oxford or Cambridge, and are a commercial enterprise designed to make as much money as possible from people on TSR - despite their folksy 'we're here to help' approach. I recommend not clicking on any links which will earn them money, and instead using the free, comprehensive resources available from both universities, and the combined experience of people on TSR who are happy to help you, rather than attempt to make money out of you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending