Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowdropss)
    Totally agree.
    (Aw, not this **** again...)

Anyway, I'm glad you agree. Considering that British law allows - and always has allowed - Shariah law to be used within it as part of the arbitration process, then clearly those who support it are very welcome in this country.

Apparently, however, the person you are agreeing with does not support this. By his "logic", presumably, you should be the one who ***** off.

ReputationRep:
    We already do in some civil cases. That's okay for me provided criminal law is secular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    (Aw, not this **** again...)

Anyway, I'm glad you agree. Considering that British law allows - and always has allowed - Shariah law to be used within it as part of the arbitration process, then clearly those who support it are very welcome in this country.

Apparently, however, the person you are agreeing with does not support this. By his "logic", presumably, you should be the one who ***** off.
    if you read the question, it is asking for opinions!!! I agree with this person so why dont you **** off. gosh you are sad. and let me guess youre gonna have some smart reply.....

ReputationRep:
    If anyone wants to see what Sharia does to a society, look at Nigeria.

Hundreds of Christians being massacred by Muslim militants....they can shove their sharia law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Komakino)
    We already do in some civil cases. That's okay for me provided criminal law is secular.
    I agree, although there is one form of legal system that seems to preclude criminal law involvement when it should - the use of courts-martial. If I killed another soldier whether in an army camp or abroad deliberately you think I will be tried by a civilian criminal court? Not a chance. What makes it worse is that the army investigate their own so plenty of opportunities for cover-ups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arrogant Git)
    Should we use, to any extent, Sharia Law in the UK?

I think we should. In civil cases, we should allow people (provided both parties agree) to opt into any arbitrary system of justice they choose. Obviously, we should retain absolute criminal law, but for civil law, Shariah should be an option.
    I negate your question not only because of the provocative headline. Legal systems have always the claim to be universally valid. Even if both parties agree to the use of another justice system, you can't avoid that one side will pofitate by the use. Furthermore it is difficult for state to check whether several basic conditions are valid or not.

ReputationRep:
    No. There should only be one universal justice system. And Shariah Law has no place here.

ReputationRep:
    Not on my watch.

ReputationRep:
    No never, backwards Islam has no place in the UK justice system.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.