Turn on thread page Beta

Differentiating between the nationality of orientals watch

ReputationRep:
    delete
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc pic.doc (318.5 KB, 133 views)

ReputationRep:
    VERY generally, Chinese and Malaysians tend to have a slightly darker skin tone, whilst Japanese and Koreans tend to be pale. I tend to guess like this, but in truth there are often times when I can't tell at all, especially if I am just judging by appearance and not speech.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say either Korean or Japanese.

ReputationRep:
    Put it in a proper ******* image format, that file could be carrying anything.

ReputationRep:
    Yep I agree with Sephirot they don't look chinease to me I thought Japanese

ReputationRep:
    I can't tell but you can rule out Japanese. Japanese people have their eyes, well the skin on each edge, curled upwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Citizen Zero)
    VERY generally, Chinese and Malaysians tend to have a slightly darker skin tone, whilst Japanese and Koreans tend to be pale. I tend to guess like this, but in truth there are often times when I can't tell at all, especially if I am just judging by appearance and not speech.
    The skin tone doesn't count as many Japanese people have dark skin tone, Chinese have light skin tone, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Put it in a proper ******* image format, that file could be carrying anything.
    It's a Word doc with one picture on it. Seems safe; my scanners didn't pick up anything.

-

On first glance, those girls don't look too Chinese; the one on the left looks a bit Malaysian to me and the one on the right looks Korean-ish.

But, quite hard to judge from a single pic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freddythemonster)
    The skin tone doesn't count as many Japanese people have dark skin tone, Chinese have light skin tone, etc.
    True, but like I said, it was VERY general. It just seems the case that most Far Eastern people I know fall into those skin tone categories. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not meaning to sound racist, but they all look the same to me. I don't know enough about the varieties to be able to distinguish.

ReputationRep:
    Save it as a JPG christ! Way to make life difficult for yourself.

Upload it here & I might comment http://imageshack.us/

ReputationRep:
    \frac{d}{dx}(oriental) = errr... maybe  ln something...

Sorry, couldn't resist....:p:.....runs away

Actually couldn't believe this one hadn't been done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Citizen Zero)
    It's a Word doc with one picture on it. Seems safe; my scanners didn't pick up anything.
    Ach, I'll just leave it; they all look the same to me anyway.

Mmm... controversy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Ach, I'll just leave it; they all look the same to me anyway.

Mmm... controversy.
    :woo: RACIST! :woo:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    I would say Chinese.

I can usually tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese, having had friends of both.

ReputationRep:
    I find that I can differentiate Japanese, Chinese and Korean instinctively: this man, for instance, looks unmistakeably and quintessentially Korean to me; but I'd credit that distinction more to my experience than to any one feature, and hence it's difficult to rationalise. Nevertheless, I was able to ascertain the nationality of Lost's Korean couple long before narrative disclosure of that fact.

ReputationRep:
    I would say Japanese.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say chinese/japanese, on a side note. .. they all look like pokemon to me.

ReputationRep:
    The left is from Hong Kong, the right from Japan?

ReputationRep:
    ok im glad im not the only way who can't tell the difference. so far, only one of you has got it right

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.