Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    delete
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc pic.doc (318.5 KB, 127 views)

ReputationRep:
    VERY generally, Chinese and Malaysians tend to have a slightly darker skin tone, whilst Japanese and Koreans tend to be pale. I tend to guess like this, but in truth there are often times when I can't tell at all, especially if I am just judging by appearance and not speech.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say either Korean or Japanese.

ReputationRep:
    Put it in a proper ******* image format, that file could be carrying anything.

ReputationRep:
    Yep I agree with Sephirot they don't look chinease to me I thought Japanese

ReputationRep:
    I can't tell but you can rule out Japanese. Japanese people have their eyes, well the skin on each edge, curled upwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Citizen Zero)
    VERY generally, Chinese and Malaysians tend to have a slightly darker skin tone, whilst Japanese and Koreans tend to be pale. I tend to guess like this, but in truth there are often times when I can't tell at all, especially if I am just judging by appearance and not speech.
    The skin tone doesn't count as many Japanese people have dark skin tone, Chinese have light skin tone, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Put it in a proper ******* image format, that file could be carrying anything.
    It's a Word doc with one picture on it. Seems safe; my scanners didn't pick up anything.

-

On first glance, those girls don't look too Chinese; the one on the left looks a bit Malaysian to me and the one on the right looks Korean-ish.

But, quite hard to judge from a single pic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freddythemonster)
    The skin tone doesn't count as many Japanese people have dark skin tone, Chinese have light skin tone, etc.
    True, but like I said, it was VERY general. It just seems the case that most Far Eastern people I know fall into those skin tone categories. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not meaning to sound racist, but they all look the same to me. I don't know enough about the varieties to be able to distinguish.

ReputationRep:
    Save it as a JPG christ! Way to make life difficult for yourself.

Upload it here & I might comment http://imageshack.us/

ReputationRep:
    \frac{d}{dx}(oriental) = errr... maybe  ln something...

Sorry, couldn't resist....:p:.....runs away

Actually couldn't believe this one hadn't been done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Citizen Zero)
    It's a Word doc with one picture on it. Seems safe; my scanners didn't pick up anything.
    Ach, I'll just leave it; they all look the same to me anyway.

Mmm... controversy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Ach, I'll just leave it; they all look the same to me anyway.

Mmm... controversy.
    :woo: RACIST! :woo:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    I would say Chinese.

I can usually tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese, having had friends of both.

ReputationRep:
    I find that I can differentiate Japanese, Chinese and Korean instinctively: this man, for instance, looks unmistakeably and quintessentially Korean to me; but I'd credit that distinction more to my experience than to any one feature, and hence it's difficult to rationalise. Nevertheless, I was able to ascertain the nationality of Lost's Korean couple long before narrative disclosure of that fact.

ReputationRep:
    I would say Japanese.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say chinese/japanese, on a side note. .. they all look like pokemon to me.

ReputationRep:
    The left is from Hong Kong, the right from Japan?

ReputationRep:
    ok im glad im not the only way who can't tell the difference. so far, only one of you has got it right

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.