Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i cant find anywhere in my area that does it, should i just call around and ask/compare prices etc?

ReputationRep:
    Brazilian waxing is the way forward, if you've never been waxed at a salon then opt for a regular bikini wax. Or just go the full haul and get it done, either way it's definitely worth it and the pain really isn't all it's hyped up to be.

ReputationRep:
    how do you find a reputable salon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghostboobs)
    yeah, my waxist said she 'didn't see the point in leaving a bit of hair'. Since she was holding the wax strip I agreed! It cost around £10.
    I should move to Swansea

ReputationRep:
    I much prefer a Hollywood. I might try a Brazilian one day though. I love being a girl :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kateasaurus)
    i cant find anywhere in my area that does it, should i just call around and ask/compare prices etc?
    Yes. Or maybe ask friends if they've had it done or know somewhere that's supposed to be really good.
    Also, I took a painkiller 90minutes before my appointment, which I think helped as I have a low pain threshold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeak)
    sounds like an inexperienced, insensitive waxer. I would have complained, at the end of the day, it's their job, you're paying for the service, and it shouldn't be embarrassing if it's a professional place. Some times you have to make sure you're on the same wave length as the waxer as there are slight differences in what a brazilian is, sometimes they leave waxing the bum to a hollywood, all off, and don't do it with a brazilian.

I once had a different waxer from normal, and she didn't wipe the wax off properly, and missed hairs, next time I went in I complained and I was told that she had been sacked already, so I wasn't the only one to think it was badly done.
    I know. I should have complained more. It was just my first so I wasn't sure how it should've been. Also, because I left for uni so soon after and it was a week after my mum's funeral, it just felt that there are so many more important things in life.
    If they hadn't gone on about how they wax everywhere including the crack on their website I a) wouldn't have been so eager to go there and b) wouldn't have been so disappointed afterwards.
    I've had stomach/bikini waxes elsewhere, and they were almost painless, very efficient and cheaper, so I know it all comes down to the therapist/salon. Stupid woman! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmeliaGYC)
    Hi,
    I have a few questions about hollywood/brazilian bikini waxing in general.
    I have never waxed my bikini before, I normally shave but I am sick of rashes and how stubbly it can get.
    Question 1: If I want my bikini line nice and smooth and not irritated for a saturday, what day would be the best day to get it done?
    Question 2: When the hair starts growing back can you get waxed again straight away? I hate having any hair down there.
    I would be very grateful if people would answer my questions.
    Many thanks!
    I've never had a wax before, but I think you have to wait until the hairs are long enough to be waxed off. Otherwise the wax won't stick properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmeliaGYC)
    Hi,
    I have a few questions about hollywood/brazilian bikini waxing in general.
    I have never waxed my bikini before, I normally shave but I am sick of rashes and how stubbly it can get.
    Question 1: If I want my bikini line nice and smooth and not irritated for a saturday, what day would be the best day to get it done?
    Question 2: When the hair starts growing back can you get waxed again straight away? I hate having any hair down there.
    I would be very grateful if people would answer my questions.
    Many thanks!
    thursday, or wednesday to be sure.
    hair has to grow to abou 5mm for the wax to stick well, usually.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.