Hospital volunteering interview... Watch

sweetcheeks01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Well I've got one on Tuesday and just want to know what kind of stuff am I gonna get asked? And should I dress smart smart (as in a suit..) or casual smart (smart trousers and smart top)? Thanks
FTC199
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
as you are female i would wear smart trousers, a smart shirt/top and a nice jacket

know why you want ot do it - not just because you want to do medicine, know what you will get out of it and what you will be able to give to the post
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They will probably want to know why you want to do it. It shouldn't be too difficult because from experience they just want to make sure that you are suitable. I wouldn't just say that you want to do it to get into medical school.

Clothes wise I would just go for smart blouse and trousers.
Toiletpaper8
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've had one before. They just want a chat with you to see what you're like, what you enjoy doing etc... so they can match you up with the best voluntary placement to suit your interests. They also want to know why you're doing it etc... Just be honest, and mention that medical school is one of the reasons.
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Toiletpaper8)
I've had one before. They just want a chat with you to see what you're like, what you enjoy doing etc... so they can match you up with the best voluntary placement to suit your interests. They also want to know why you're doing it etc... Just be honest, and mention that medical school is one of the reasons.

This.

Wear whatever you feel most comfortable wearing.
McDull
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i really dont think u have to worry too much about dressing too smartly for it.. and as long as u sound like u want to do it, have a good reason, and dont come across oddly, you should be able to volunteer there.. afterall im sure all hospitals like having volunteers.
Prettyinpunk1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sweetcheeks01)
Well I've got one on Tuesday and just want to know what kind of stuff am I gonna get asked? And should I dress smart smart (as in a suit..) or casual smart (smart trousers and smart top)? Thanks
When I went to one I wore nice jeans and a top - not too smart, but nothing too ermm scruffy either lolz. And I duno if I will be the same at yours, but at mine she just went through patient confidentiality, equality and what to do in fires. She asked me what I wanted to get out of it, what I was doing at college - as I related to what I was volunteering for. And she asked what qualifications I had. I don't think it will be too formal, it's just going to be a casual chat really.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?