The Student Room Group

EPQ - Need ideas!

Hello, I'm currently about 5/6 weeks into EPQ and I still haven't solidified a topic. My A-Levels are Geography, German & History. Yet I want to write about something more social science related. Any ideas that connect all these together?
Original post by alfzach
Hello, I'm currently about 5/6 weeks into EPQ and I still haven't solidified a topic. My A-Levels are Geography, German & History. Yet I want to write about something more social science related. Any ideas that connect all these together?

I was told that u don’t have to connect/link ur epq topic to ur alevel subjects
h
Original post by Arusia-18
I was told that u don’t have to connect/link ur epq topic to ur alevel subjects

you can link it to your subjects but you just can’t use concepts you’ve learnt from those subjects in your epq. for example, i did my epq about pharmaceutical industry ethics and in my presentation i talked about how it linked to me doing biology and chemistry a-level (i got an A btw).
I'm in Year 13 about to finish off my EPQ. If I was you, I would look at the course you want to do at uni and try and base your question on one of the modules you might cover. It would be easier to talk about in your personal statement and interviews if you have any. I based my whole personal statement on my EPQ idea/topic so the EPQ rlly helped me out with that. I did a science based EPQ...
Original post by S16.x
I'm in Year 13 about to finish off my EPQ. If I was you, I would look at the course you want to do at uni and try and base your question on one of the modules you might cover. It would be easier to talk about in your personal statement and interviews if you have any. I based my whole personal statement on my EPQ idea/topic so the EPQ rlly helped me out with that. I did a science based EPQ...

I did the same thing, I'm going into law and criminology so based by question on capital punishment and the justice system. Its a massive help with personal statements. I'd recommend German history that isn't covered by your classes. Like a question like:
German contributions to architecture or agriculture or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending