The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Taking a car to uni

I would like to bring a car to university as I will be living in accommodation 2 miles from the university of Kent. I have anxiety about getting the bus/walking to lectures and I don't qualify for the permit to park in the university of Kent. So was wondering if there is anywhere close by to park without the permit please?
hiya i’m in kent as well, think if you can provide sufficient reasoning as to why you need to park in the uni they’ll be able to give you a pass, you can mention having to travel back and forth to london or living a bit far away from the uni itself.As for parking near the uni, im looking for those myself icl. the only place I would consider is canterbury hill, near the roundabout at alcroft grange
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Millieann0302
I would like to bring a car to university as I will be living in accommodation 2 miles from the university of Kent. I have anxiety about getting the bus/walking to lectures and I don't qualify for the permit to park in the university of Kent. So was wondering if there is anywhere close by to park without the permit please?

Hi there

You can get a parking permit if you live outside the exclusion area ( https://media.www.kent.ac.uk/se/19903/exclusion_zone_map_Canterbury.pdf )

Otherwise, if you live inside this exclusion zone, then you can appeal for a permit. This will require medical proof of a valid reason as to why you cannot commute to campus any other way. This appeal is done through the medical center, who will pass this onto the transport team. You can find information about appealing here: https://www.kent.ac.uk/transport/driving-parking/student/appealing-for-a-permit

If you don't get a permit, then parking can be quite difficult near campus. There is very very limited street parking just outside the campus, with some street parking requiring a Canterbury Council permit.

Hope this helps,
Please let me know if you have any other questions

Adam - Uni of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending