The Student Room Group

French alevel

hiya, what are the best ways to revise languages for mocks at alevel?
Original post by flissdunn
hiya, what are the best ways to revise languages for mocks at alevel?

I'm doing Latin, so obviously I can't help with the speaking bit, but I can try for the rest. Revise your vocab! I use an app called Cram, which is really good for vocab. For set texts, make sure you know the content, and try to revise themes. Mind maps work quite well for this. For translation, just do as much practise as you can. Go onto your exam board's website and do some of the past papers. Obviously, make sure you know your grammar. For this, I sometimes find explaining grammar concepts to someone helps to make it a lot clearer in my mind. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
(Original post by pangolin :smile:)I'm doing Latin, so obviously I can't help with the speaking bit, but I can try for the rest. Revise your vocab! I use an app called Cram, which is really good for vocab. For set texts, make sure you know the content, and try to revise themes. Mind maps work quite well for this. For translation, just do as much practise as you can. Go onto your exam board's website and do some of the past papers. Obviously, make sure you know your grammar. For this, I sometimes find explaining grammar concepts to someone helps to make it a lot clearer in my mind. Hope this helps!

thanks so much! that's so interesting that you're doing Latin - does it help with etymology in English?

Quick Reply

Latest