Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I keep fit, but I really don't enjoy it. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    stupid thread

ReputationRep:
    your goin about it wrong

there's good fats you should eat to stay healthy (unsaturated, monounsaturated...) just avoid fast food basically

and being skinny isn't healthy... having a bit of fat on you is good for you!

ReputationRep:
    I'd hazard a guess at you being medically underweight if that's what you weigh.

I'm the same height as you and 10 and a half stone, I go to the gym twice a week and eat fairly healthily.

ReputationRep:
    Having a bit of fat is great - pies and beer

ReputationRep:
    200-260 cals per gym visit? How long do you work out for? Just 30mins?

I aim for at least 500.

To make it more enjoyable I keep my ipod updated with tunes and 'zone out' during workouts, usually fantasising about my crush

ReputationRep:
    What do you do at the gym OP? Why not start running outside or swimming instead for a bit? You are underweight. You should aim to eat more, especially healthy fats found in nuts, seeds and oils and oily fish such as tuna, salmon etc.

ReputationRep:
    stupid thread

ReputationRep:
    You probably aren't eating enough at all. Are you M or F?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krussel)
    I do the bike then this racing thing on the bike, steppers, rowing machine a little of weights and crunches and situps. I don't have time to spend like 2 hours in the gym. I've just had a blood test, get results next week. I can't do that much because I'm constantly tired. So I can't push my self any further really.

constantly tired? probably coz u don't eat enough.

why don't you wanna eat 2500 ckals a day, or to gain weight, even more?

ReputationRep:
    If you're 'constantly tired', you are fretting about your weight even though people say you're skinny (and I'd say you're probably too light at 8 and a half stone for 5'8'' - a girl who is fit and in good shape at 5'8'' would be 9 and half to 10 stone easily, and a bit more would be fine) and you have the urge to binge eat chocolate, I'm going to hazard a guess that you're not eating enough.

Start focusing on making sure the things you eat are healthy rather than limiting the amount you eat, and try some new forms of exercise. I refuse to believe that there are people for whom there is no suitable sport that they can enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    stupid thread

ReputationRep:
    Hmm Just when I look at my stomach I don't exactly see a really skinny stomach not fat just normal ish toned but not really... I think I am wrong in what I call healthy so Im going to make another thread for someone to set me a diet/fitness plan xD
    I think you are skinny fat. You need to eat properly and exercise so you can build some muscle. Either that or you suffer from a non-descript ED (I'd post in H&R) because you binge eat but yet feel the need to be controlling.

ReputationRep:
    keep up the good work as you dont want to get fat

if you stop you will get fat. then you will be having regular visits to the doctors.

which do you want?
    hospitail visits or good life feeling good about yourself

ReputationRep:
    Hmm Just when I look at my stomach I don't exactly see a really skinny stomach not fat just normal ish toned but not really... I think I am wrong in what I call healthy so Im going to make another thread for someone to set me a diet/fitness plan xD
    You only get a toned stomach by having a very low body fat %.

You get this by eating properly, as well as going to the gym. Your body needs food in order to rebuild muscle you break down at the gym, if you're not eating properly, you're not actually going to get any sort of benefit.

All you body is going to do if you eat improperly (more specifically, too little), is put back on fat because it thinks that is what it needs, rather than rebuild muscles properly.

If you ask fitness to help you with your diet and exercise, people can advise you on exactly how much you should be eating, for what you are doing in the gym.

But they will need to know your typical diet, and exactly what your gym routine is in order to give any advice.

ReputationRep:
    Thing is I really do want to demolish a quadruple size dairy milk like once a month, chocolate will be in front of me and I can't help but eat alot of it only once a month. Then I will force myself to do more exercise.
    I haven't ate chocolate for months, eat an avocado instead?

ReputationRep:
    if you dont like gym exercise take up a sport or something

like regular kickboxing or football. that will keep you healthy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    I haven't ate chocolate for months, eat an avocado instead?
    An avocado over chocolate, no chance

ReputationRep:
    You have a BMI of 18.3 if you are female. (I put your age as 19) This means you are on the healthy/underweight borderline with the nhs site telling me you are healthy.

Do the test yourself to check.
    http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Toolsl...ols+-+BMI+tool

My advice for enjoying exercise is get a sport. I just got back from Judo and had a blast. You get a social benefit as well as the physical and combat sport brings self defence into the mix. Sports win again!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.