Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anon because the guy im talking about uses tsr!

I have a guy friend who ive been friends with for about 4 years. He's one of my best friends and I can talk to him about pretty much anything. There's always been something more than just friends between us, but we've never acted properly on it because, we havent wanted to spoil our friendship,...and the timings always just...been wrong!

Now, he's gone quite far away to university, and i hate the fact he's not around anymore! I thought it'd be okay...him going away, cuz i figured we could still talk on msn n stuff like we used to. But he's NEVER online anymore, and its impossible to get in touch well enough to have a big conversation about just...stuff like we used to! I never, thought id find him going away this hard!

I like him as more than a friend. (I think thats why im finding him going away so hard) and im so jealous of all the people who go to his uni...just because, they get to see him and spend time with him, and I dont anymore ! Im really happy for him because he's having the time of his life ...but at the same time, its making me because im worried that he's just going to forget about me now he has loads of new uni friends!

We met up last week, when he came back from uni for the weekend (first time since he went)...and it just felt, odd! He was acting really strangly! I know universities can change people but, he wasnt himself at all. I got really upset, because, he was bragging to me about how at uni, girls keep hitting on him and telling him he's 'fit' and a 'sex god'! I just wanted to cry...i miss him being myfriend who liked video games and talking about random stuff with me ! Ive never in my entire life, heard him brag so much ! He kept bringing up all his ex girlfriends and gahh! It was just really hurtful

I just I dont know what to do!!!
    I cant stand him being away, and forgetting about me! and the fact all these girls like him is making me feel jealous and upset and stuff!
    I cant carry on like, missing him this much because its making me more miserable than ive ever been! But I dont know what i can do about it!
    The thought of loosing him and not being even just friends is unbearable!

Ive told him i miss him and stuff...but i dont know...it feels like he just doesnt care anymore !

I dont know whether i should just tell him i like him as more than a friend...(from past experience thats a bad thing) I want to say something about it tbh. But im just, I cant see it doing any good...I mean its not like, he's going to turn around and try and make everything work out...when he has loads of random girls at uni!

I just dont get why he's gone so big headed all of a sudden! and i dont know what to doo???
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Think you both need a serious talk about all the issues above.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.