Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    yes you have to wait until it has been completely sent off to unis, not just to your reference

ReputationRep:
    yess you have to wait to get your references then when thats done you wait for your UCAS welcome letter

ReputationRep:
    The application hasn't been sent to universities yet (so there would be no point in tracking!), it's still with your tutor while they check it over and write your reference.

The deadline for student finance isn't for absolutely ages so don't worry about that for now you have loads of time

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem dammit "any day now, any day now"

ReputationRep:
    You can't apply for student finance now until Feb after the government ballsed it up.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    he sends it off...

mine was sent on friday and i can't track yet
    they tell you to wait till they send you a welcome letter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahmed1080p)
    hey guys basically, simple question, ive finished my ucas application, paid amount and sent it off, however on the welcome page it says not yet been referenced by tutor or something like that, meaning I think that my tutor has not given me a reference.

well my question is why cant i track the ucas application now with my id, username and password? do i have to wait until my tutor does a reference...im confused

this is also stopping me from applying wit ucas details on student finance online....please advise guys
    Yeah you have to wait til UCAS get it.

Don't worry, you can't apply for finance online just yet. The last I heard the site was down.

I could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    The welcome message will change once your referee has sent it off. You can then either wait for the welcome letter or use the 'Forgot login details' link on track to log in before then.

ReputationRep:
    Your tutor adds his reference then sends off the application, some dont appear to be in a rush when it comes to references. UCAS will then send you a welcome letter and from then on you will be able to use track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahmed1080p)
    hey guys basically, simple question, ive finished my ucas application, paid amount and sent it off, however on the welcome page it says not yet been referenced by tutor or something like that, meaning I think that my tutor has not given me a reference.

well my question is why cant i track the ucas application now with my id, username and password? do i have to wait until my tutor does a reference...im confused

this is also stopping me from applying wit ucas details on student finance online....please advise guys
    Wait till your teacher/school has sent it, then you can log in to track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by βored)
    The welcome message will change once your referee has sent it off. You can then either wait for the welcome letter or use the 'Forgot login details' link on track to log in before then.

how come forgot log in details lets you access??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_end_has_a_start)
    how come forgot log in details lets you access??
    You just answer your secret question and it gives you the login details.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.