Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    which of these is better for Physics, and which is more scenic?

Regards,
    Dan.

ReputationRep:
    I've only seen Glasgow for English Lit, but it's gorgeous there; truly.

ReputationRep:
    Both are ancients, so both have great architecture. Glasgow probably edges it, just about (although Kings College in Aberdeen is particularly impressive) but, overall, I'd go with Aberdeen. Glasgow's a great city, don't get me wrong, with some fine Pre-Victorian and Victorian architecture. However, Aberdeen's right by beautiful coastline with great countryside and castles on your doorstep, pretty much.

I'll leave the "which is strongest" in physics to the physicists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan289)
    which of these is better for Physics, and which is more scenic?

Regards,
    Dan.
    Scenic would probably go to Aberdeen. But I guess it depends what you like. When I was in Aberdeen I described it as 'quaint'. It was all little cobbled streets.

For physics I'd say Glasgow. I don't do physics, but I have came across a lot more about Glasgow just in general reading. Glasgow have a long history of physics and their department really is excellent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneWho)
    Scenic would probably go to Aberdeen. But I guess it depends what you like. When I was in Aberdeen I described it as 'quaint'. It was all little cobbled streets.

For physics I'd say Glasgow. I don't do physics, but I have came across a lot more about Glasgow just in general reading. Glasgow have a long history of physics and their department really is excellent.
    Didn't Watt and Kelvin go to Glasgow..?

I may be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiphopopotamus)
    Didn't Watt and Kelvin go to Glasgow..?

I may be wrong.
    Yep. Watt was a janitor (I think) who started playing with something and Kelvin was the young genius and has half of the west end named after him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneWho)
    Yep. Watt was a janitor (I think) who started playing with something and Kelvin was the young genius and has half of the west end named after him.
    Thought so :P

Yes, that Kelvin fellow reminds me of myself, in many ways...

ReputationRep:
    aberdeen !!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.