The Student Room Group

Cramming

I have an upcoming exam in psychology paper 1 I've been cramming the last few days for my Psychology exam and everytime I look at past papers my worry grows. For certain topics Memory and Attachments to be specific the questions are things I'm extremely weak on the exam is still a day away so I'm using this time to get better at answering the questions. But then theres also research methods I can not cope with this and it appears in so many of the past papers despite it not being a topic of paper 1.

Can I still receive a grade C 50% despite me being horrendous at Memory and Research methods
Research methods is absolutely on paper 1, it’s in every paper however it’s more prominent in paper 2. Research methods can make or break your grade as it’s in every paper, they generally also have very specific markschemes.

I got an A* in a level psychology and it was because I spent my life mastering how to answer research methods, even if I was unsure on a question there often was something I could mention about research methods.

Memory is probably one of the hardest topics, I also really struggled with it, I was just lucky most of my memory section was actually research methods. Your best move with psychology is just past papers all day long, the questions all follow similar structures and it also highlights where you need to improve.

I found paper 2 a lot easier due to the amount of research methods and I enjoyed bio psychology, try not to get too hung up in one paper as remember in the actual thing it’s split between 3.
Reply 2
Original post by ALEreapp
Research methods is absolutely on paper 1, it’s in every paper however it’s more prominent in paper 2. Research methods can make or break your grade as it’s in every paper, they generally also have very specific markschemes.

I got an A* in a level psychology and it was because I spent my life mastering how to answer research methods, even if I was unsure on a question there often was something I could mention about research methods.

Memory is probably one of the hardest topics, I also really struggled with it, I was just lucky most of my memory section was actually research methods. Your best move with psychology is just past papers all day long, the questions all follow similar structures and it also highlights where you need to improve.

I found paper 2 a lot easier due to the amount of research methods and I enjoyed bio psychology, try not to get too hung up in one paper as remember in the actual thing it’s split between 3.

Ye I've noticed the exam board is slightly lazy all the papers are somewhat similar.

The paper il be given is a past paper so I've been doing those and looking at the mark scheme hopefully I can remember the mark scheme for the exam :skull:
Original post by Acuityo
Ye I've noticed the exam board is slightly lazy all the papers are somewhat similar.

The paper il be given is a past paper so I've been doing those and looking at the mark scheme hopefully I can remember the mark scheme for the exam :skull:

The likelihood is your teacher will use last papers you can’t access, aka 2021/2020 as exam boards specifically don’t allow students to access these so teachers can use them to actually test their students knowing they can’t have memorised a mark scheme! But you will get a good idea of question format from past papers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending