The Student Room Group

Medicine

Hi guys I really worried please help me I am in year 12 doing A level Biology and Psychology and L3 applied science I have to options if I wanna go in medicine frist do A level Chemistry privately without a teacher or re do year 12 where I will do A level Chemistry ,Biology and Psychology I don’t know what to do please can you help me I am really worried.
Reply 1
I think in your situation the best course of action would be doing A level chem privately as from my knowledge most med school don't accept redoing year 12, but it would probably be expensive which is something to be aware of. What did you get for it at gcse? Can you not change to chem at sixth form?
Yeah, I would agree with ^.

If there's a genuine reason and you can't change it, just inform the med schools before making an application and see if your teachers can include it in the reference about any extenuating circumstances.
Reply 3
Original post by Idk131
I think in your situation the best course of action would be doing A level chem privately as from my knowledge most med school don't accept redoing year 12, but it would probably be expensive which is something to be aware of. What did you get for it at gcse? Can you not change to chem at sixth form?

No I have asked them so many time they won’t change it
and it’s really expensive and I don’t know what to I am so worried and A level Chemistry without a teacher and 4 A level I am scared that I might be risking chemistry.
Original post by meerab.fx
No I have asked them so many time they won’t change it
and it’s really expensive and I don’t know what to I am so worried and A level Chemistry without a teacher and 4 A level I am scared that I might be risking chemistry.

Another alternative would be just not going with chemistry and applying to the 8 or 12 med schools which don't require a-level chem? It won't disadvantage you in any way
Reply 5
Original post by MedApplicantttt
Yeah, I would agree with ^.

If there's a genuine reason and you can't change it, just inform the med schools before making an application and see if your teachers can include it in the reference about any extenuating circumstances.

Yes my circumstances were really bad I cannot describe how bad it was and I wanna go edge hill and hull York on the wesite it says they accept people who have retaken year 12
(edited 1 year ago)
Yes my circumstances were really bad I cannot describe how bad it was and I wanna go edge hill and hull York .

Email the admissions for the med schools and see what they say - I'm currently applying to HYMS and they are understanding with circumstances!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Original post by MedApplicantttt
Another alternative would be just not going with chemistry and applying to the 8 or 12 med schools which don't require a-level chem? It won't disadvantage you in any way

Original post by Idk131

Yes but my gcse are not strong.
Reply 8
Yes my circumstances were really bad I cannot describe how bad it was and I wanna go edge hill and hull York on the wesite it says they accept people who have retaken year 12

I'm pretty sure that edge hill and hull york require a level chem
Reply 9
Original post by Idk131
I'm pretty sure that edge hill and hull york require a level chem

Yes that why I am thinking of changing college so I can do Chemistry.
Yes that why I am thinking of changing college so I can do Chemistry.

Did you get a least a 6 in chem at gcse? because most require that to do it for a level
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Idk131
Did you get a least a 6 in chem at gcse? because most require that to do it for a level

Yes I did .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending