The Student Room Group

4 A levels

I am currently in year 12 doing A level Biology and Psychology and L3 applied science and I am doing A level Chemistry do you think it is possible to get an A* in A level Chemistry without a teacher.
Will you be supported by someone such as a tutor?
I think it is more than possible because there are plenty of free resources. In my personal opinion these free resources are better than paid for distance learning A/S and "A" level courses. Sometimes even better than a having a teacher, because some run out of time and the students can be left teaching the hardest topics to themselves just before their exams. Recently both Teachers and Students could be off suffering from Covid.

1.Syllabus
2. Course Textbook
3. Revision Book
4. Chemistry Notes
5.Past Papers
6. I don't know your board but it helps to have a look at you exam board moderators report.
7. You will need to do some research for classes on Youtube type in your board you may get lucky like I did for Edexcel Mathematics and Further Mathematics. In addition this is not an exhaustive list there are other sites.
General Chemistry need you Syllabus to make it covers your topic
General Chemistry

Jess gave me some super helpful advice for how to achieve A* at A level when she said the following "I would make detailed flashcards of the lesson after the lesson and use the spec to make sure they had all the information that I would need to know. Then I made an excel document with different websites with all the past paper questions ever made. Then when I came to revise a certain topic I would go over the flashcards until I got them all right and then do as many past paper questions as I had time for and then I would mark them. For the application questions that comes over time with understanding the questions and having the knowledge and the practicing them to see what the mark points are"

How to get A* at A level Chemistry
Good Luck
Reply 3
Original post by Ambergris
I think it is more than possible because there are plenty of free resources. In my personal opinion these free resources are better than paid for distance learning A/S and "A" level courses. Sometimes even better than a having a teacher, because some run out of time and the students can be left teaching the hardest topics to themselves just before their exams. Recently both Teachers and Students could be off suffering from Covid.

1.Syllabus
2. Course Textbook
3. Revision Book
4. Chemistry Notes
5.Past Papers
6. I don't know your board but it helps to have a look at you exam board moderators report.
7. You will need to do some research for classes on Youtube type in your board you may get lucky like I did for Edexcel Mathematics and Further Mathematics. In addition this is not an exhaustive list there are other sites.
General Chemistry need you Syllabus to make it covers your topic
General Chemistry

Jess gave me some super helpful advice for how to achieve A* at A level when she said the following "I would make detailed flashcards of the lesson after the lesson and use the spec to make sure they had all the information that I would need to know. Then I made an excel document with different websites with all the past paper questions ever made. Then when I came to revise a certain topic I would go over the flashcards until I got them all right and then do as many past paper questions as I had time for and then I would mark them. For the application questions that comes over time with understanding the questions and having the knowledge and the practicing them to see what the mark points are"

How to get A* at A level Chemistry
Good Luck

Thanks you so much you have no idea how much this mean to me.
Reply 4
You can definitely achieve it if you're disciplined and willing to put the time in! Will probably be harder without a teacher though
Original post by meerab.fx
I am currently in year 12 doing A level Biology and Psychology and L3 applied science and I am doing A level Chemistry do you think it is possible to get an A* in A level Chemistry without a teacher.

Heya!
It's definitely possible if you work hard enough and make sure you understand the material properly! First, make a timetable and make sure to dedicate enough time to chem. Cover each topic 1 by 1 and make sure to do notes + flashcards +spider diagrams (if they help you!). Make sure to do practice questions for each topic as well until you fully understood it before moving on, Study Mind offers tons of free chem resources from free past papers and more! Use past papers and revision notes to ensure that you understand the chem material properly :h:

You could also take some online courses that go over the material in detail, if you are interested then you could check out this page.

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study mind
Reply 6
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
It's definitely possible if you work hard enough and make sure you understand the material properly! First, make a timetable and make sure to dedicate enough time to chem. Cover each topic 1 by 1 and make sure to do notes + flashcards +spider diagrams (if they help you!). Make sure to do practice questions for each topic as well until you fully understood it before moving on, Study Mind offers tons of free chem resources from free past papers and more! Use past papers and revision notes to ensure that you understand the chem material properly :h:

You could also take some online courses that go over the material in detail, if you are interested then you could check out this page.

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study mind

Can you please explain it to me how it works the online course and explain how the prices work.
(edited 1 year ago)
Without a teacher? How on earth will you study A levels
Can you please explain it to me how it works the online course and explain how the prices work.

Heya!
Of course! I believe for £29 you'll get unlimited access to tons of online chem resources (online tutorials, revision notes, more practice questions etc) :h: If you want to see how it is you can always preview some lessons for free here before making any final decisions! The lessons go over exam techniques and how to answer the questions and score all marks. Once you are enrolled you'll have access to more resources + you'll be able to sign up for Free Weekly A-Level Chemistry Webinars, you can watch some of them on this YT channel! They happen live where you can ask questions :h: If you need more info then do get in touch with the team and they'll be able to assist you with more!

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Well... no one else has, so I will: why do you want to study a fourth A level?

No university will ever require 4 A levels for their entry requirement.

Quick Reply